Werdum Picks Stipe, Says "Black Fedor" < Fedor

Who was/is greater?

• Total voters
"While some fans now consider Cormier the greatest heavyweight of all time".

lol

DC has exactly 2 top 5 HW wins in all his MMA career (per Sherdog rankings).

2... He shouldn't even be compared to Nogueira.

Some people need to raise their standards.
He has two top 5 UFC HW wins. He has 4 UFC HW fights.
DC has exactly 0 heavyweight losses in all his MMA career. And he's won the belt in two different organizations going undefeated and he fought Barnett, Mir, Stipe, Lewis, and bigfoot. Also guy's like Monson and Palelei.

Almost half of his fights are against top 10 HWs, all wins.

I mean I don't think his accomplishments surpass Fedor's but I'd pick DC if they fought prime vs prime, all due respect to Fedor.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-14_0-11-4.png
    upload_2019-8-14_0-11-4.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2019-8-14_0-14-9.png
    upload_2019-8-14_0-14-9.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
Werdum should beat DC to claim the ultimate 'goat killer' title. He has the tools to do it, will not be afraid from his wrestling, can utilize his mediocre standup. Werdum finishes DC in the 4th round via guillotine choke.

He has two top 5 UFC HW wins. He has 4 UFC HW fights.
DC has exactly 0 heavyweight losses in all his MMA career. And he's won the belt in two different organizations going undefeated and he fought Barnett, Mir, Stipe, Lewis, and bigfoot. Also guy's like Monson and Palelei.

Almost half of his fights are against top 10 HWs, all wins.

I mean I don't think his accomplishments surpass Fedor's but I'd pick DC if they fought prime vs prime, all due respect to Fedor.

He won the Strikeforce GP without ever fighting the best HW's: Werdum & Overeem.

He has good wins, but realistically only 1-2 elite wins.

As for a prime vs. prime fight vs. Fedor, his best bet would be a LnP decision win, but he's too sloppy on the ground as he leaves himself opened for subs. Catching Fedor on the feet was hard. He could land a bomb, but chances are he wouldn't (Fedor stood with guys like Crocop, Arlovski, Hunt). Cormier's poor striking defense wouldn't help him either.

Fedor simply had a lot more tools at his disposal and was a far less flawed fighter,.

Last edited:
Yeah I knew Werdum would picked Stipe, and thats because Stipe beat him, fighters always do that, the guys that beat them will always beat everyone else because they are the best ever lol.

DC has one of the most overrated HW records of all time. at LHW his greatest achievement was being a paper champ.

lol

How is that possible?

Stipe champ number 1
Black Beast was top 5 after his win streak and title shot
Big Foot post beating Fedor

Three right off the top of my head with Mir or Barnett or Nelson who all might have been top 5 as well.

How is that possible?

Stipe
Black Beast was top 5 after his win streak
Big Foot post beating Fedor

Three right off the top of my head.

Bigfoot wasn't top 5 per Sherdog after beating Fedor.

Lewis and Miocic were. That's about it.

Story withstanding, Cormier would wreck him.

Legacy, sure give it Fedor.

Werdum is rightx2. Fedor is the GOAT and Miocic is likely winning this time.

lol

People are so brain dead on here. They don't realize resumes are what gets you a place in all time rankings. Big Nogs resume at hw is still the best of all time aside from Fedor.

I dont think people realize how GREAT Big Nog was. He was the #2 fighter in the world from 2003-2007 (n this is after being the #1 fighter in the sport prior)

Story withstanding, Cormier would wreck him.

Legacy, sure give it Fedor.

Theres literally 0 aspects of mma DC is better than Fedor at outside of wrestling. And ask Mark Coleman how taking Fedor down n trying to GnP him worked out for him.

Fedor would beat DC from pillar to post worse than Jon has.

Theres literally 0 aspects of mma DC is better than Fedor at outside of wrestling. And ask Mark Coleman how taking Fedor down n trying to GnP him worked out for him.

Fedor would beat DC from pillar to post worse than Jon has.

I don’t agree. That said, we’ll never know.
Controlling the fight and taking Fedor down.
Is a big deal.
We don’t know.

Fedor managed to hold his title against ALL the major fighters of his generation with the exception of Couture and Barnett,two fights he did pursue,but didnt happen,beyond his control. Cain defeated his main rival in JDS,but he could not remain active enough to achieve greatness. JDS lost to his main rival and was obviously not the same from the beatings he took. Daniel Cormier moved down to LHW before he could really reach the heights neccesary to challenge Fedor's GOD CROWN. Stipe could only beat up the battered leftovers. We currently dont have an arena were Fedor can be surpassed. He fought way more often than would even be allowable under unified rules,and he fought in a more competitive era.

that's how i feel. the UFC HW division has never been in good enough shape for someone to be able to even be given a chance to surpass Fedor. that's unfortunate but it isn't the fighter's fault, it's the UFC's. they can't find the talent to fill the ranks, either because their business conduct is a joke and/or they're not looking hard enough.

Back