Werdum Picks Stipe, Says "Black Fedor" < Fedor

Who was/is greater?

• Total voters
I think it's more his body of work and the fact that he's the only of the elites with an unblemished record at heavyweight.

There simply aren't many besides Fedor and Cain you can place ahead of him

Sure, but you can't take quality out of the equation.

Prime Fedor is the greatest fighter ever imo.

Cormier isn't a HW GOAT candidate imo (yet), but I like him a lot and his resume is outstanding. No disrespect.

Fedor had an immeasurable aura in his prime whereas Cormier just comes across as a great fighter.
His aura wasn't real. His aura wouldn't have protected DC from smashing him. His aura didn't protect Hendo and Bigfoot from smashing him

Yea and he was the first to beat Fedor hence profit, covert bragging I see what you did there and plenty will run with it cause Fedor has his hardcores.

Fedor is still the most sensational fighter I've ever witnessed. Has as many sub wins as tko/ko wins. The most complete fighter I've ever seen in my lifetime. This isn't really much of a debate for me.

And most importantly, he was a kill or be killed type
of fighter. The only MMA fighter to pull off the same aura as a Tyson fight. No other combat athletes do that to me.

Last edited:
His aura wasn't real. His aura wouldn't have protected DC from smashing him. His aura didn't protect Hendo and Bigfoot from smashing him

You can apply that bs to any fighter that's ever lost.

Fedor and everyone in Pride was on steroids. It's hard to compare different eras. It's like debates of could a prime Jordan and his championship Bulls team beat a prime Lebron and his companionship team.

Most UFC fighters were on steroids too.

Style wise, I think prime CroCop is a nightmare for Cormier.

But DC was champ post USADA

I don't understand what you're trying to say. DC never tested positive and neither did Fedor. If anything Fedor faced stiffer competition because everyone he fought was juiced up.

I mean he is the first guy to beat Fedor so saying so makes him look better.
Haha .. werdum beat fedor lost to stipe. What a shock he says fedors the best and stipe will win.
DC would beat werdum all day every day

You know who the real knowledgable mma fans on SD are when you see the comments in types of threads like this. Fedor is the goat. Not just hw goat but the absolute mma goat. It might be subjective but at the same time if you have that many people and fighters saying it, then it must mean something. Gsp who is second, doesn't get the same amount of votes for goat as Fedor in the real world.

Cormier is 40 and still the best HW on earth. Fedor was getting finished by MWs when he was what, 34?

They’re not comparable. DC>Fedor

Fedor may be regarded higher than DC, but I don't think he would be if DC wasn't so close with Cain. His resume and accomplishments outweigh DC's but I don't think that would be the case if DC stayed at hw. Fedor's legacy got lucky that Cain and DC are friends, and more importantly, that DC is loyal to his friends.

I mean he is the first guy to beat Fedor so saying so makes him look better.

Then why doesn't he throw his own name in the mix like a lot of guys do? He certainly has a top 5 all time resume. I think he honestly thinks that and him saying the 10 years no loss thing, I would assume he was right up close while Fedor was on his streak. Just my opinion.

Fabricio Werdum on Cormier vs. Miocic 2

Former UFC heavyweight Fabricio Werdum is currently serving the remainder of a USADA suspension, but he is still surveying his division very closely. That means he’ll be watching the main event of this weekend’s UFC 241 card, which will pit reigning heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier against the former champ Stipe Miocic.

Speaking to MMA Junkie, Fabricio Werdum gave his take on this matchup. While Daniel Cormier defeated Stipe Miocic by knockout when they first fought in July, 2018, Werdum expects Miocic to win a decision in their second meeting.

“This fight is so hard for Cormier now,” Werdum said. “I don’t believe Cormier has the same focus as before. He’s like a Heavyweight now, for sure, but I feel like maybe a Stipe Miocic victory on points. Miocic will beat him this time, I think.”

Fabricio Werdum doesn’t actually seem to be exceedingly impressed with Daniel Cormier. While some fans now consider Cormier the greatest heavyweight of all time, Werdum believes that title still belongs firmly to Fedor Emelianenko.

“In my opinion, for sure (Cormier) is a very good fighter — two belts, different divisions — but the best fighter, in my opinion, is Fedor,” Werdum said.

“He deserves (it). Ten years, he never lost before, and I believe Fedor continues to be the best heavyweight in the world.”

DC is more accomplished and would beat Fedor in Prime vs Prime.

Back