Werdum Picks Stipe, Says "Black Fedor" < Fedor

Who was/is greater?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fabricio Werdum on Cormier vs. Miocic 2

Former UFC heavyweight Fabricio Werdum is currently serving the remainder of a USADA suspension, but he is still surveying his division very closely. That means he’ll be watching the main event of this weekend’s UFC 241 card, which will pit reigning heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier against the former champ Stipe Miocic.

Speaking to MMA Junkie, Fabricio Werdum gave his take on this matchup. While Daniel Cormier defeated Stipe Miocic by knockout when they first fought in July, 2018, Werdum expects Miocic to win a decision in their second meeting.

“This fight is so hard for Cormier now,” Werdum said. “I don’t believe Cormier has the same focus as before. He’s like a Heavyweight now, for sure, but I feel like maybe a Stipe Miocic victory on points. Miocic will beat him this time, I think.”

Fabricio Werdum doesn’t actually seem to be exceedingly impressed with Daniel Cormier. While some fans now consider Cormier the greatest heavyweight of all time, Werdum believes that title still belongs firmly to Fedor Emelianenko.

“In my opinion, for sure (Cormier) is a very good fighter — two belts, different divisions — but the best fighter, in my opinion, is Fedor,” Werdum said.

“He deserves (it). Ten years, he never lost before, and I believe Fedor continues to be the best heavyweight in the world.”

I mean he is the first guy to beat Fedor so saying so makes him look better.

TRUTH.

Cormier himself admitted Werdum worked him when they rolled.

<13>

"While some fans now consider Cormier the greatest heavyweight of all time".

lol

DC has exactly 2 top 5 HW wins in all his MMA career (per Sherdog rankings).

2... He shouldn't even be compared to Nogueira.

Some people need to raise their standards.

Last edited:
Fedor is really great...but I think the GOAT term is not accurate....

I'm surprised that the newer fighter (DC) is losing this poll.
Really thought he'd win this one.

I'm surprised that the newer fighter (DC) is losing this poll.
Really thought he'd win this one.

Fedor had an immeasurable aura in his prime whereas Cormier just comes across as a great fighter.

TRUTH.

Cormier himself admitted Werdum worked him when they rolled.

<13>
Doubt he got tapped 20 seconds after the fight went to the ground like Fedor did lmao

Plus Cormier would KO Werdum stiff in a fight

Also source for DC saying that? You are probably making it up

Doubt he got tapped 20 seconds after the fight went to the ground like Fedor did lmao

Plus Cormier would KO Werdum stiff in a fight

>Join Date: Today

Use your real account cuckboy

<36>

"While some fans now consider Cormier the greatest heavyweight of all time".

lol

DC has exactly 2 top 5 HW wins in all his MMA career per Sherdog rankings.

Some people need to raise their standards.

I think it's more his body of work and the fact that he's the only of the elites with an unblemished record at heavyweight.

There simply aren't many besides Fedor and Cain you can place ahead of him

No question! At HW there really should be no debate.

Fedor had an immeasurable aura in his prime whereas Cormier just comes across as a great fighter.
Sorry, I might have not expressed myself very well there... I wasn't suggesting who's the best fighter, DC is on the news, we get to hear from him almost every week, Fedor on the other hand is an old-timey, hence why I thought DC would pull that quite easily.

Sorry, I might have not expressed myself very well there... I wasn't suggesting who's the best fighter, DC is on the news, we get to hear from him almost every week, Fedor on the other hand is an old-timey, hence why I thought DC would pull that quite easily.
Fedor is forever. There is only one. The year is one!

giphy.gif

Back