Werdum is saying that Cain wins again

werdums always had trouble with strikers who have tdd.

look at all his losses: kharitonov, arlovski, jds and overeem II, all strikers he couldnt take down.

against grappler primary styles the dude is undefeated.

i also think cain is going to beat dos santos. which for werdum would be a good thing because he has a much better chance against cain. although jds still has better striking than werdum, jds has to be more predictable and use primarily punches to avoid getting taken down by cain, werdum can throw kicks and knees at will because he doesnt fear the takedown. gives him a lot more versatility.

Nice analysis, I agree.

Werdum will get smashed either way.

What do I have to be confident about?

I never said JDS would win!

I think Cain will win, but I only favor him by a little bit. Not a good bet if he's a 3:1 favorite at the sites.

How about you bet $10,000 at one of the sites if you're so sure? The odds favor Cain, but that shouldn't bother you at all, since you're 100% sure. 100% sure at 3:1? That's a steal!
(it will be in the back of your mind how, many years ago, Mike Tyson was a 42:1 favorite over some journeyman chump named Buster Douglas)

How did the rematch not prove that Cain was the vastly superior fighter? He beat him literally everywhere the fight took place. JDS had nothing for him. Fight one proved what happens when you fight timidly on the outside with a guy who hits like a mach truck. But when does Cain ever fight like that outside of that one time? Cain is rightfully a huge favorite going into this one. JDS fans are delightfully delusional since they are expecting Cain to come in injured again waiting for JDS to clobber him.

Werdum always talks about wanting to fight JDS again when he's commentating. He's not scared.

I think he's prediction is right, though. JDS wins early by KO/TKO or he's getting another ass whooping.

Man, you are so full of hate today. Go play some GTA Online.

Of course he doesn't want to fight a superior brazilian who beat him by KO

at least with Cain, he has a chance to submit him or try his kickboxing skills unlike with JDS whom he got no chance at all.

Except he got hit by a haymaker to the temple. He was also injured and fought very uncharacteristically on the outside. An educated MMA fan who has seen these guys fight doesn't need that explained to them but I digress.

Cain hits like such a little girl. Hey JDS, why don't you point at the dumb dumb?

ScreenShot2012-12-29at9.56.20PM_original.png

JDS didn't want to embarass Cain by mentioning it but those marks on his face were because JDS is allergic to a material in the gloves, he usually doesn't get hit much so it was never noticed before. Lesnar suffered from the same allergy, his hands would swell badly so he needed to wear XXXL gloves

How did the rematch not prove that Cain was the vastly superior fighter? He beat him literally everywhere the fight took place. JDS had nothing for him. Fight one proved what happens when you fight timidly on the outside with a guy who hits like a mach truck. But when does Cain ever fight like that outside of that one time? Cain is rightfully a huge favorite going into this one. JDS fans are delightfully delusional since they are expecting Cain to come in injured again waiting for JDS to clobber him.

I think you're looking at it wrong.

Cain landed a sledgehammer early in the fight. After knocking him down, Cain followed up with 5 hard punches before JDS managed to get up. JDS was a zombie for the rest of the fight. Beating him "everywhere" was irrelevant, since he was just beating up a zombie.
JDS had his own moment like that in the first fight, but he KO'd Cain right then and there.

I think Cain is the superior fighter, and if they both weighed 135 lbs, I'd agree with you regarding the likely result.
But they don't, they are HW with massive power.

There are many cases of a strong opponent landing a big punch early in a fight in the 125-155 classes. But the power isn't there to finish the job, so the other guy has a chance to come back and show his superiority and win.
If Cain gets hit in the head, he won't have a chance to come back and win like that. Also, JDS isn't that easy to take down, or keep down. If Cain gets the TD early, but doesn't land a HUGE punch like he did last time, then what?

I'll say anywhere from 60/40 to 65/35 in favor of Cain. If he wins, well, IMO he landed in the majority, that's all. The result doesn't mean that it couldn't have landed in the minority.
This isn't GSP vs Dan Hardy, which is what you're making it out to be.

He landed a very good shot on JDS while he was focusing exclusively on takedown defense. Cain's takedowns help his striking a lot, it won't have that effect against Werdum because Werdum isn't worried about being taken down. I'm not saying Cain isn't capable of beating Werdum in standup but his standup game is no where near as good as JDS's.

lol you gotta be kidding....

I'd really like to see Cain fight Werdum after JDS and then Barnett

Cain landed a sledgehammer early in the fight. After knocking him down, Cain followed up with 5 hard punches before JDS managed to get up. JDS was a zombie for the rest of the fight. Beating him "everywhere" was irrelevant, since he was just beating up a zombie.
JDS had his own moment like that in the first fight, but he KO'd Cain right then and there.

I think Cain is the superior fighter, and if they both weighed 135 lbs, I'd agree with you regarding the likely result.

There are many cases of a strong opponent landing a big punch early in a fight in the 125-155 classes. But the power isn't there to finish the job, so the other guy has a chance to come back and show his superiority and win.
If Cain gets hit in the head, he won't have a chance to come back and win like that. Also, JDS isn't that easy to take down, or keep down. If Cain gets the TD early, but doesn't land a HUGE punch like he did last time, then what?

I'll say anywhere from 60/40 to 65/35 in favor of Cain. If he wins, well, IMO he landed in the majority, that's all. The result doesn't mean that it couldn't have landed in the minority.

But Cain was beating JDS to the punch even before the big sledgehammer. I've noticed quite a few people acting as if the fight started with Cain's big overhand right. It didn't.

Cain finishes jds in round 2. Then cain thinks he finishes werdum in round 2, goes in for the kill then gets his arm nearly torn off emphatically making Cain Velazquez his son. New heavyweight champion: Fabricio Werdum.

This.

I think the utter embarrassment Werdum went through because of JDS played at least a small role here. JDS is still pretty much the sole fighter who has ever really made Werdum look that much in over his head. I can't recall anyone else who actually did that.

If Werdum gets it on the ground and there isn't any blood or too much sweat I think he can beat Cain via sub. Cain has never faced anybody with Werdums capability besides Big Nog. And Cain will probably try and keep the fight standing against Werdum the same way.

Werdum probably still has nightmares of that uppercut that JDS blasted him with. If I were Werdum I'd be picking Cain too.

Werdum's ears still flap from time to time, nasty reminder of that uppercut

I'm at a loss for words over a Brazilian having an objective opinion. Werdum's right though. JDS has nothing for Cain outside of an early puncher's chance. The last fight proved it.

That and JDS on paper is a way worse matchup for him than Cain (at least Cain will go to the ground with Werdum)

if werdum could sub nog and fedor, he could sub anyone including cain.

Back