Werdum is saying that Cain wins again

Werdum probably still has nightmares of that uppercut that JDS blasted him with. If I were Werdum I'd be picking Cain too.

I'm at a loss for words over a Brazilian having an objective opinion. Werdum's right though. JDS has nothing for Cain outside of an early puncher's chance. The last fight proved it.

Of course that is what Werdum will say. He will happily take JDS or Cain in order to get a meaningful fight with either of the sports top 2 guys. The only way he loses out here is if he doesnt get either guy. So why not antagonize both?

No, shit. You think Werdum wants to fight JDS again?

Seems like fighters typically pick against fighters that beat them, I'm not sure why.

Werdum probably still has nightmares of that uppercut that JDS blasted him with. If I were Werdum I'd be picking Cain too.

werdums always had trouble with strikers who have tdd.

look at all his losses: kharitonov, arlovski, jds and overeem II, all strikers he couldnt take down.

against grappler primary styles the dude is undefeated.

i also think cain is going to beat dos santos. which for werdum would be a good thing because he has a much better chance against cain. although jds still has better striking than werdum, jds has to be more predictable and use primarily punches to avoid getting taken down by cain, werdum can throw kicks and knees at will because he doesnt fear the takedown. gives him a lot more versatility.

I swear if Werdum pulls this shit again in the title fight against either one I'm gonna be pissed.

method=get&s=alistair-overeem-fabricio-werdum-gif.gif

People will normally favour the guy who beat them over the guy they haven't fought.

Not about the win that JDS does possess over him, but about match ups. JDS is a nightmare for Werdum, while Cain it's a damn fun and even fight (on paper)

haha, more like he's hoping / wanting Cain to win. I don't blame him, the guy has had an amazing career and is exceptionally durable; why would you want to try and take the belt from the only man to ever KO you, who also happens to have great TDD.

I highly doubt Cain would even attempt to take Werdum down. He can knock Werdum out on the feet just as easily as JDS did. To this day I don't understand why people overlook Cain's striking game. He outstruck JDS and made it look easy.

JDS is the worst possible match up for Werdum in all of MMA. No way Fabricio get's him down and at that point he's playing with fire. He's not going to stop, drop and roll like he did with Overeem; Werdum is getting rocked in a rematch with JDS.

Of course he's picking Cain, he has a decent chance against Cain but not much of one against JDS.

I highly doubt Cain would even attempt to take Werdum down. He can knock Werdum out on the feet just as easily as JDS did. To this day I don't understand why people overlook Cain's striking game. He outstruck JDS and made it look easy.

He landed a very good shot on JDS while he was focusing exclusively on takedown defense. Cain's takedowns help his striking a lot, it won't have that effect against Werdum because Werdum isn't worried about being taken down. I'm not saying Cain isn't capable of beating Werdum in standup but his standup game is no where near as good as JDS's.

Werdum is biased, there is an old beef between their schools. Even the original JDS vs. Werdum match had bad blood going into it. Just so y'all know.

Back