Werdum: I think [something like] TRT should be available for every fighter

Yes, doctors should completely neglect their code and treat "MMA fighter" as a medical condition.

Lost respect for him.

"Training is hard, let us cheat"

Losers and a cheaters mindset

Brazilians gonna Brazil.

Slippery slope if you start allowing it. As mentioned previously it should be banned. If you can't take the heat, get out of the cage.

Allowing everyone to use PEDs within a certain limit would take a mammoth amount of resources to accomplish. Would it even be possible?. The roster is huge. What are they gonna do, test all ~530 of them each week? Every few days? And if fighters have a hard time keeping their shit in check now, what would even stricter testing result in? Careful what you wish for. Not that it would happen anyway, any sport in this country openly allowing and encouraging PED use would cease to exist. You wanna try and get all 50 commissions in on it too? Good luck.

Odd timing for this statement, best win of his career followed by the most embarassing of his career after usada started

Seems like the only fighters who aren't dependent on 'supplements' are the girls.

You may wish to look at the women more closely, sir. Many seem a tad too brutish to be natural.

Just hang them up if you can't handle training or train less.

Its not this simple. People get injuries that accumulate over years, and this could be rectified by help a certain healthy lvls for athletes. It is done for the normal man.

Fact is people aren't letting it be known that Prostate cancer is the #1 cancer in the world atm. Environment changes lower test levels for all men starting in their lower 30's is changing mens bodies and could be contributing to this. You won't hear alot because men's health issues play a second fiddle to womens health issues, but thats for a totally dif subject. They are able to get on trt and have a boost in their sex lives and drive in the workplace.

Why does the normal man get to go to the doctor and get these things to perform at their jobs and lengthen their careers and life span, yet we want to hold our athletes to a higher standard? I believe it to be hypocritical. If the world didn't have such so far right or so far left on every subject and try to compromise the world would be a better place.

Also, don't give me this they chose their profession crap. Just because their profession is different from the normal man, doesn't mean they shouldn't get to have the same advantages as the normal man.

IMO, im with Werdum on part of his statement, science and testing have come a long way and the ability to make people's lives better and live more quality of life due to science, well I am all for it.

Firas Zahabi actually made a really interesting comment on testosterone the other day.

He was talking about training kids, and how up to a certain age, he finds the boys and girls pretty much equal in strength, stamina etc, then something happens, and the boys suddenly leave the girls behind and that something is their bodies start producing testosterone.

Now, hes not totally right, because there are other factors, but hes right to a degree in that testosterone has a massive impact. One good way of measuring that impact is by looking at what effect it has on women that take test and other male hormones, it basically turns them from women, into, well men.

So imagine what an effect a normal male taking extra testosterone has.

Its probably the most powerful PED there is for men. No, theres no way that TRT or Testosterone use should be, or ever will be legalised.

And all that aside, the biggest cause in drops in testosterone is from abusing PED's previously.

Werdum suggesting they make Testosterone legal for everyone, because, lets cut the TRT crap, its not Testosterone REPLACEMENT... its Testosterone ADDITION

So lets call it what it is... Testosterone. Maybe Testosterone Boosting Therapy.. Testosterone Doping Therapy..

But anyway, Werdum suggesting they legalise testosterone use is very close to going full retard.

firas, firas........... interesting guy, to say the least. went calling all names on anderson when he got popped. even calling him mma's armstrong. god forbid that one tristar guy ever pops

my approach is simple, we have PEDs today, and people are using it more and more. now, because they are illegal and looked down upon in today's society, a mroe irresponsible use is bound to happen, because we can't discuss it openly and we have a lot of people say all sorts of things about them, we can't know what is exactly right or wrong. remember when people use to say (they probably say it till today) that steroids cause man to have boobs (well, if you don't do your cycle correctly, yes, this will happen), that dicks will shrink because of that (when it actually may grow a little bit? correct me if I'm wrong in that). it's a lot of misinformation going on. we need to legalize it to have a honest debate in today's society. we get all kind of hypocrites saying all kinds of shit. let people decide what to use, in what amount, in their own bodies. that's the first step

now, with women, yes, it is more complex, but let's say only for men. let's not care for women's MMA for now (not that I don't care, I watch some fighters, but definitely not to the same extent as male MMA). I remember you talking about the east german women that turned into a man due to taking so much drugs. but, let's realize it where it happened because it is a really important factor to this issue. she was part of a communist country, and they notoriously DON'T have any respect for ethics and the people in their society. they're the most disgusting pile of shit to ever walk on earth. they're subhuman people that their only reason for existence is to corrupt, impoverish and oppress humans
give me a case where this happened in a western non-commie country that then we can star talking about it

as I said, I talked about a LOW limit. let's find a limit that we can improve recovery from training, injuries and why not training time, and let's see if it's actually reasonable to do it in a way that it won't be harmful to someone's body

Agree to some. But for real, Hunt doesn't have to get shit from Brock's money. He got his own.
Brock should be fined, lose his money. But not to Hunt.
well, fine to give to these shitty ass commissions?

nah

I guess these old ass fighters are just going to have to learn to live with retirement in this post-USADA era. The world has moved on, there is no place for them here anymore.
oh, you just missed all the other sports that aren't USADA tested (not only sports but events, you still have bellator, rizin and so on). they're all juiced to the gills

I think fighters should be allowed to use steroids to recover from serious injuries, but not for performance enhancing.
well, while I don't agree with your whole post, allowing for injuries would be something really nice
why not for injuries. I know this could be exploited by these fighters, but right now we have USADA. I don't think there's a really good argument to deny these kind of steroid uses

Allowing everyone to use PEDs within a certain limit would take a mammoth amount of resources to accomplish. Would it even be possible?. The roster is huge. What are they gonna do, test all ~530 of them each week? Every few days? And if fighters have a hard time keeping their shit in check now, what would even stricter testing result in? Careful what you wish for. Not that it would happen anyway, any sport in this country openly allowing and encouraging PED use would cease to exist. You wanna try and get all 50 commissions in on it too? Good luck.
they could be doping right now since USADA isn't testing everyone. even less the guys that are unraked and the ones that barely fights. they could do that. with allowed PED (low limit), they could still do that. it would be proportionally the same, I believe
yes, right now if someone lets someone dope they would be killed in the midia, that's why werdum is opening up a debate

LMAO TRT for everyone, really? Why not just include steroids for everyone? WTF MMA needs to be PED free if you need it you shouldn't be in this sport.

as someone onec said.. if its not steroids, its not PEDS. so anything else should be removed from that laughable USADA list.

what were his exact words in portugese before the translation??? i doubt he said "trt" a bunch of times in the middle of speaking brazilian. id like to know exactly what he said and get a better translation. it wouldnt be testosterone REPLACEMENT therapy on someone who didnt have low testosterone levels, it just meant to bring it up to normal, taking anything to boost your already normal testosterone levels isnt REPLACEMENT its abuse. someone whos never taken anything wouldnt want it legal so bad is all im saying.

peds work, they make fighters better, and i want to see better fighters. i'm all for regulated use.

Back