Werdum has submitted the two greatest HWs of all time

He is a good fighter who still proved he can make improvement, but what really rubs me the wrong way about him is the constant butt scooting. Its so ridiculous, it makes him look so stupid just to drop on his back in the middle of a fight and start taunting people ''come on man come over to my guard, please man come on man.'' But that irritates me alot about other fighters too, if you pull guard thats another thing but just dropping on your ass is not what you should be doing to win a fight, sounds more like avoiding it. (Werdum-Overeem and Silva-Leites are good example.)

GOAT's hold belts, and usually for a long time. There is no way around that when it comes to Werdum. To be the GOAT he needs a belt and he needs to hold it for an extended period.

Does a belt really mean that much though? I mean Fedor never lost his Pride belt and then he lost to Werdum, beating Fedor is better than getting any belt.

Yes i do, a win over cain would be huge right now.

Cheers :)

Yeah, I have him at 3rd or 4th not really sure but with a win over Cain he jumps to a super strong number 2 at HW and I don't think Cain would be able to pass him. Werdum's resume is so much better he just lacks that piece of metal.

GOAT's hold belts, and usually for a long time. There is no way around that when it comes to Werdum. To be the GOAT he needs a belt and he needs to hold it for an extended period.

Umm yeah, if he bets Cain he'll be holding the belt.
I'm not sure if he has to defend it for a long time, especially in the HW div.

Unfortunately I think Werdum is running out of time to reach a solid place among the HW GOATs.

If weidman is the new mw goat (according to sherdog logic since he beat silva) then certainly werdum became the hw goat the second he beat fedor.

Our collective logic puts any Vulcan to shame

Unfortunately I think Werdum is running out of time to reach a solid place among the HW GOATs.

He's already top 5 at HW all time.

I think he's got a good 2-4 years left, IMO wear and tear is a lot more detrimental to a fighter than age and Werdum hasn't taken much damage in his career and hasn't been injured much.

With a win over Cain he's number 2 at HW all time and I don't think Cain or JDS could pass him, they aren't that much younger and don't have many fights, plus Cain is very injury prone.

Werdum is great and one of my favorites, but he will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride as they say.

IF he beat Cain, he MIGHT be top 20 all time.

Only champions get to be considered as all time greats.

IF he beat Cain, he MIGHT be top 20 all time.

Only champions get to be considered as all time greats.

Fedor > Belts, besides he never lost his Pride belt. People put too much stock in those pieces of metal, I mean Brock got a title shot when he was 2-1 when the title shot should have gone to Werdum, Werdum would have beat Couture.

Speaking of Couture half of his fights were title fights and the talent pool was really small and he had a big name so they gave him a lot of title shots.

Belts are overrated, there are too many politics in who gets the title shot.

LFMAO at the idiot who doesn't give multiple Sambo world champion with 16 submission victories on his record ANY chance of beating Werdum who is making his name by beating cans and submitting 100 years old Nog. People usually cry when they are butthurt but I guess we gotta admire your spirit.

Yea I always wonder why people insist Werdum is the greatest sub artist at heavy weight in MMA.

Fedor 16 submission wins
Werdum 9 submission wins

He has a pretty good resume so far, he's already a 5-10 best hw all time IMO. What I find impressive with werdum is he he's had pretty good runs in every organization he's been in his his career and only lost to good fighters.

He's at his best now and can really make his mark in the up coming fight with Cain. If he wins he's a top 5 he all time IMO.

Does a belt really mean that much though? I mean Fedor never lost his Pride belt and then he lost to Werdum, beating Fedor is better than getting any belt.

Belts signify #1 status. If you're the consensus #1 without the belt(Shogun 2005 until Griffin loss), then it doesn't mean that much.

However, Werdum was never the consensus #1 Heavyweight in the world for a single day of his life and rightfully so considering he lost his next fight after Fedor.

There have been too many fighters in MMA history who have reigned as the undisputed #1 fighters for Werdum to even be CONSIDERED as an ATG let alone GOAT contender.

He's already top 5 at HW all time.

I think he's got a good 2-4 years left, IMO wear and tear is a lot more detrimental to a fighter than age and Werdum hasn't taken much damage in his career and hasn't been injured much.

With a win over Cain he's number 2 at HW all time and I don't think Cain or JDS could pass him, they aren't that much younger and don't have many fights, plus Cain is very injury prone.

24 fights is still some mileage especially for a soon to be 37-year-old fighter. Personally I have Werdum just outside all-time top 5 HWs and with a win over Cain I would consider him to be the #3 HW GOAT but I can see why many would have him at #2 after that.

He will always have the legacy of a man who beat the only fighter ever in MMA who truly had an aura of invincibility (even if it had started to fade).

Belts signify #1 status. If you're the consensus #1 without the belt(Shogun 2005 until Griffin loss), then it doesn't mean that much.

However, Werdum was never the consensus #1 Heavyweight in the world for a single day of his life and rightfully so considering he lost his next fight after Fedor.

There have been too many fighters in MMA history who have reigned as the undisputed #1 fighters for Werdum to even be CONSIDERED as an ATG let alone GOAT contender.

See my post above, there are too many politics when it comes to title shots, the guy with the belt isn't always the best, Brock wasn't and none of the HW champions in the UFC were during the Pride era.

lol Cain's resume is so weak you were forced to list Lesnar and Kongo???????

:redface:

Cain is a monster and could possibly be the most skilled hw we've seen but lets not fluff up his resume to be an all-time great resume. Too little fights, too many injuries, and he's fought only 2 different guys in the last what, 4 or 5 years?

If Cain demolishes Werdum how will that effect the way you view him? I admit he is only a 13-1 fighter but he has 11 KO's in those 13 wins and he wrecks people.

Yea I always wonder why people insist Werdum is the greatest sub artist at heavy weight in MMA.

Fedor 16 submission wins
Werdum 9 submission wins

I don't really know what the definition of a submission artist is but Werdum has without a doubt the best ground game ever at MMA HW division.

GOATS don't flop to the mat and lay there for 85% of the match trying to engage battle from his back... talking about his BS fight vs Reem... I am not a fan of either, but that was just and embarrassing display of professional MMA.

24 fights is still some mileage especially for a soon to be 37-year-old fighter. Personally I have Werdum just outside all-time top 5 HWs and with a win over Cain I would consider him to be the #3 HW GOAT but I can see why many would have him at #2 after that.

He will always have the legacy of a man who beat the only fighter ever in MMA who truly had an aura of invincibility (even if it had started to fade).

True but he's never really been in a war, that means a lot.

What 5 HWs do you have ahead of him? I have Fedor and Big Nog ahead of him but I have a lot of trouble placing others above him.

Back