Werdum about asking more money

Werdum has a price because all of the things he has done in the sport but asking 800k + PPV points is ridiculous
So, asking for Hunt money and PPV points is ridiculous to accept a short notice fight against a dangerous fighter that has beat your original opponent? Sounds pretty reasonable to me, but I would have given him props if he took the fight straight up.

The ufc is going to end up going under because of Conor Mcgregor paying one fighter like they paid him is biting them in the ass in multiple ways.

How is the ufc going under for paying connnor?

If connor was a boxer and had the same amount of ppv buys that he did in the ufc he would have floyd mayweather money with expecption of the fight with Manny. The ufc have way more revenue streams than boxing has. They have tv deals all aound the world worht hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

They are also now selling ppv straight through their on line website.

I think this is reasonable. Overeem gets paid 300K + 300K. Werdum is a former UFC Champion, asking 800K for a short notice fight, which if he loses will likely knock him off title contention for good at almost 40 years old, is not that unreasonable. There were rumors that they paid Anderson Silva 2 mil for stepping up at UFC 200.

At the end of the day, these guys have to look after their own interests. Especially when you're almost 40 and with only a few fights left.

Bingo!

In the media scrum that Dana did, a reporter asked him if Werdum would get any pay for preparing for this fight and Cain getting pulled.

Not an exact quote, but Dana said why would he get his purse if he doesn't fight? He told the reporter to not show up to work for a month and see if they get paid.

So I don't think Werdum is getting anything for this training camp.

How stupid is Dana''s comment?

"if he did not show up for month", he did show up for a month , he spent a whole training camp for that fight and know he's out of a shit load of cash.

That's a terrible analogy, you are basically saying that the project is the fight itself which its not. The project includes the entire fight camp preparing for a specific opponent.

That being changed at the last minute without involving further compensation putting yourself at risk knowing that company like the UFC will pay you less after you lose fighting short notice for them is insane to take.

No, it is good analogy because, similar to a fight, I have to conduct comprehensive preparation to conduct investigation interviews/depositions of persons and complete other preparatory measures. Thus, accepting a last minute change to a project means I have to cram in the prep time in a short period of time and take the according risk.

No, it is good analogy because, similar to a fight, I have to conduct comprehensive preparation to conduct investigation interviews/depositions of persons and complete other preparatory measures. Thus, accepting a last minute change to a project means I have to cram in the prep time in a short period of time and take the according risk.

Cmon , stop. Getting your head blasted into the third row by jds is no way similiar to your job.

Not the same at all and you know it. There is literally no comparison that makes any sense you can make to compare your job to fighting and putting your health, job, and well being at stake in a weeks time.

Back