Went on a hot date and got shut down

*Went out with a solid 10 last night and got a rejection text afterwards.
We went out to eat, had a good time. *She was laughing at all my jokes.
she said she’ll come back to my place “next time” when *I offered to show her my condo.
When I dropped her off she paused like *she wanted me to kiss her but I didn’t do it.
Then when I got home *she sent me a text saying she didn’t feel a connection.
I’m not but hurt. I’m fine with winning some and losing some. *I had to have pity sex with my girlfriend like a simp afterwards.
*I must have misread the situation and read the signs wrong
. It’s not the end of the world. If you couldn’t lose it wouldn’t be fun when you win.
*Went out with a solid 10 last night -
giphy.gif

*She was laughing at all my jokes -
giphy.gif

*I offered to show her my condo -
giphy.gif

*she wanted me to kiss her but I didn’t do it -
giphy.gif

*she sent me a text saying -
giphy.gif

*I had to have pity sex with my girlfriend like a simp afterwards -
giphy.gif

*I must have misread the situation and read the signs wrong -
giphy.gif

she said she’ll come back to my place “next time” when I offered to show her my condo.

<LikeReally5>

Your GF was cool with you going on this date? Are you guys part of the "poly" movement?

Rule of thumb, always go for the kiss on the first date. If you don't it shows weakness, that may have turned her off.
I disagree entirely.

It totally depends on the woman, how you met, etc....

Some women I kissed on the first date, and some I didn't. For the ones that I didn't, including my wife, they said that they liked that I didn't go for a kiss on our first date with them. You have to totally go play it by ear for each woman.

Went out with a solid 10 last night and got a rejection text afterwards.

We went out to eat, had a good time. She was laughing at all my jokes.

she said she’ll come back to my place “next time” when I offered to show her my condo.

When I dropped her off she paused like she wanted me to kiss her but I didn’t do it.

Then when I got home she sent me a text saying she didn’t feel a connection.

I’m not but hurt. I’m fine with winning some and losing some. I had to have pity sex with my girlfriend like a simp afterwards.

I must have misread the situation and read the signs wrong. It’s not the end of the world.
If you couldn’t lose it wouldn’t be fun when you win.

You and your girlfriend must be close.

Damn, your girl didn't care about you having a potential side piece, huh? I wonder what she got going on...

And yeah, you do not take a woman any place fancy especially on a first date. Always invite them out for coffee or if you do go out to get something to eat, make sure she pays for her own shit. It's a new day fellas. These women want to be strong independent women who don't need a man to pay for them, then be my guest.

I remember there was a discussion in my class about if a man should pay the bill on a date if the woman only eats a salad or something. This one guy was like, "She can have whatever she wants I'm not paying for it." Everybody started laughing but he was dead serious.

Coffee date, convert to nearby food place date, find excuse to touch hands, convert walk to car to kiss, get shown the cheek instead of lips. Makeout sesh at some point 2nd date. Sex 3rd date.

It's not rocket science.

(That said hopefully you actually feel something for the girl if you follow my time-tested formula.)

Did you tell your gf that you got shut the fuck down? If so I predict the gf breaks up with TS within a month.

I disagree entirely.

It totally depends on the woman, how you met, etc....

Some women I kissed on the first date, and some I didn't. For the ones that I didn't, including my wife, they said that they liked that I didn't go for a kiss on our first date with them. You have to totally go play it by ear for each woman.

Disagree... the goal isn't to do what your date "likes," the goal should be to quickly and efficiently surmise who's potential relationship material or not (serious or casual).

You're wife may have "liked" that you didn't try to kiss her, but there's no way that she would have been turned off by it considering she was into you enough to eventually marry you.

Not kissing on the first date is an excellent way to get friendzoned on the 2nd date.

Back