Went into the belly of the beast

Dirty Holt

Black Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
A co worker of mine trains at GB. Im Checkmat. Went in and rolled with some notable faces of GB. Dude, for an old man, Nelson Monteiro is a fucking hammer. Very hard to get anything going underneath and you feel all 200lbs of the guy.

Lots of black belts, lots of good guys to roll with. Some very strange rules and procedures. No one gave me any shit, even knowing I train at Checkmat. Everyone was really nice though. If you come through SoCal, you should try this place. Pretty cool place.

what kinds of strange rules and procedures?

I would bet going in to any major comp team HQ would have some great training and unknown tough guys that support the more well known standouts of the team

what kinds of strange rules and procedures?

I would bet going in to any major comp team HQ would have some great training and unknown tough guys that support the more well known standouts of the team

They forced him to buy a GB gi, GB shorts, GB rashguard. When Holt told them he only rolls with no upperwear, they point him towards the direction of the GB tattoo shop down the hall.

Nelson weighs about 150. Did you mean he "feels like 200 lbs"? Just curious, sir.

They forced him to buy a GB gi, GB shorts, GB rashguard. When Holt told them he only rolls with no upperwear, they point him towards the direction of the GB tattoo shop down the hall.

Hysterical. Fucking GB and the pimping of their sorry gear.

Nelson weighs about 150. Did you mean he "feels like 200 lbs"? Just curious, sir.
He weighs way more than that. The guy competed at 185 10 years ago. Im 150, he had me by 30lbs easy. He actually said something to me which made me laugh. "Welcome to Gracie Barra, Welcome home my brother." I started laughing then we started rolling. I cant say enough nice things about how Nelson and GB are, despite the rap they get.

No one asked me to buy gear or do anything crazy. They knew I was a visitor.

Do they really wear their belts when they do no gi

He weighs way more than that. The guy competed at 185 10 years ago. Im 150, he had me by 30lbs easy. He actually said something to me which made me laugh. "Welcome to Gracie Barra, Welcome home my brother." I started laughing then we started rolling. I cant say enough nice things about how Nelson and GB are, despite the rap they get.

No one asked me to buy gear or do anything crazy. They knew I was a visitor.

In spite of my laughing at and piling onto the jokes about their gear, I will say I'm not surprised you mentioning he's a nice guy. Genuinely nice dude, who's always smiling while he pins you down in knee on belly like a railroad spike.

I trained at a GB school and at that time (6yrs ago) they made you wear your belt for no gi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back