Went back to my 1st gym today

----ACE----***

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And the difference between my current gym and my first ever gym is ridiculous. I felt slightly embarrassed having worked out there at one point in my life. Local YMCA, only place nearby that was open after 6pm (other than urban active, but im not going to go that low). I would guess that their "gym" area is about 80% machines, 4 benches and 1 (!!!) squat rack. Anyone else return to earlier training grounds and feel slightly shamed? I at least felt good that I no longer pay to go there. God bless my current gym

I currently work out at Planet Fitness /ducks
It is a bit depressing. But it works for me, was cheap, and very close to the house.

Thanks to a bad hip, I am unable to squad or deadlift without significant pain.

And as you said: No squat racks/platforms. All machines and about 3 benches.

The studio I go to for my boxing has a small gym set aside for lifts. It's all machines: one treadmill, one elipitical, one huge dolley/lift system, no squat bar. Luckily I have free access to the one on the military base here.

i went to the YMCA yesterday. I hit the 115's for 1 and the reason i couldn't hit 2 or 3 cuz no one was around to help me get them on my lap. I mean they were soo long. It took me all my strength to get them up to my lap and then i pulled out 1 when i was like dead tired. But still thats all the weight they have. not to shabby. they have 2 squat racks, 1 flat bench! and a shoulder press and incline and decline and a ton of machines. Its not too bad but if it does get crowded, man , you better wait your turn u know?

but overall not to bad. i wouldnt trust it because if i took a preworkout and went there and had to wait an hour to use the bench, i would be pissed.

and thats why i lift at home:icon_twis

without a spotter:icon_twis

MAX LIFTS...

ALL DAY:icon_twis

My first gym was better then the one i go to now. It was just a bare bones gym, it had metal plates, no heat in the winter, no air in the summer and rates that reflected it. Now i'm stuck at a health club where they gear the place around people that don't want to be there unless they make working out easier and less like working out

Back