Welterweight and the wrestlers

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why is welterweight so wrestling heavy It has always been this way, is there a correlation with the size of the guys or something like that or is all a coincidence?

598855820.jpg.0.jpg

This. Only d1 and d2 bums at welterweight.
The only real wrestlers in the UFC that are not russian are Cejudo, DC and Romero.
LOL, fuckin idiiot, Askren, Woodley, McMann, who was a woman's Silver medalist, this dude i fuckin dilusuional as all hell<Moves><Moves><45><45><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Colby would have all the Dagestanis in MAGA hats after he got ahold of Khabib
He couldn't keep RDA down and got taken down by him several times <Lmaoo> Remind me how RDA did against a green Khabib?

It’s possible because LW/WW is the largest percent of the population, and the UFC signs mostly fighters who come from amateur sports who are American ie wrestlers, and because the average USA male is a LW/WW the talent pool is deeper in the wrestling scene hence why almost none of those wrestlers are Olympian’s while other weight class wrestlers make Olympic s and don’t always transition to MMA

LOL, fuckin idiiot, Askren, Woodley, McMann, who was a woman's Silver medalist, this dude i fuckin dilusuional as all hell<Moves><Moves><45><45><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
You do know Woodley got wrestlefucked by a D2 scrub right? And Askren couldn't even control a bjj one dimensional fighter. And literally, MCwho?! Oh right the one girl on a 2 losing streak. Gtfo

If I had to guess completely out of my ass:

- Hughes set the standard of wrestling so high that other WWs had to play catch-up. Then GSP came along and WWs realized again that they needed to beef up their wrestling.

- WW is right in the middle of the weight classes. So guys aren't so light and fast that it's difficult to grab them, and they're not so heavy that a light punch can KO anyone (the reason LHW and HW isn't kind to grinders).

The dancing emojis really sold me...yeah that guys delusional!!!

If I had to guess completely out of my ass:

- Hughes set the standard of wrestling so high that other WWs had to play catch-up. Then GSP came along and WWs realized again that they needed to beef up their wrestling.

- WW is right in the middle of the weight classes. So guys aren't so light and fast that it's difficult to grab them, and they're not so heavy that a light punch can KO anyone (the reason LHW and HW isn't kind to grinders).
That's actually a good point i would also guess out of my ass that majority of wrestlers are welterweights cause lw is the average size human and wrestlers are just a little bigger cause they are on general more muscular ( compared to strikers )

I think because the actual average size of a human being is welterweight after cutting a little weight. For many wrestlers that want to come into MMA, this is going to be the largest pool.

I was thinking about this too. It seems the ideal weight to really control someone with wrestling.

I have done zero research except looking up the average size of a human being though lol.

He couldn't keep RDA down and got taken down by him several times <Lmaoo> Remind me how RDA did against a green Khabib?
Khabib tossed RDA a little bit sure

But Colby left him in a pool of blood!

It’s possible because LW/WW is the largest percent of the population, and the UFC signs mostly fighters who come from amateur sports who are American ie wrestlers, and because the average USA male is a LW/WW the talent pool is deeper in the wrestling scene hence why almost none of those wrestlers are Olympian’s while other weight class wrestlers make Olympic s and don’t always transition to MMA
There is the answer folks

Back