Welterdad Lightweight Cerrone is a destroyer

Conor vs. Tony.
Justin vs. Lee.
Pettis vs. Cowboy.

Cerrone fans are always annoying, having the ufc wins record for beating low ranked fighters doesn’t mean much.

he went through a war with brown and took the fight way too early. Had he taken his time and fought him when he was actually healthy then I see him beating masvidal. Till I am not too sure about cause of the size difference.
Masvidal had a fight 2 weeks before that. Masvidal will break him everytime.

Masvidal finished a past-his-prime Ellenberger in the first round without receiving much damage, but that's not relevant as to what @Ruthless_swag is saying; Cerrone got rocked/hurt in a three round war against Matt Brown, and instead of taking the six months he needed to recover from that concussion, he went right back into another camp for a fight six weeks out. I'm not trying to suggest that Cerrone would've won had he waited, but the circumstances in which he took that fight absolutely contributed to him being more susceptible to getting knockout out.

Furthermore, Cerrone again didn't take six months off to heal his brain, and fought Till just three months after the Masvidal fight, against someone who had 26 lbs on him.

I completely got this one wrong I though Al's boxing would give Cowboys fits like Mas did but Cowboy worked behind an educated jab and got the win.

You're not alone I said the same thing. I thought Al's pace and willingness to fight in the pocket would put cowboy away. I was happily wrong.

I was saying kick him again in the 5th lol that leg was a mess. Donald still put his head straight up in the air a bunch and was getting tagged by the left. When he would get tagged he would stand up straighter and drop his left lower.

Was the only weak point I saw in his game last night. Happy cowboy got the w.

Masvidal finished a past-his-prime Ellenberger in the first round without receiving much damage, but that's not relevant as to what @Ruthless_swag is saying; Cerrone got rocked/hurt in a three round war against Matt Brown, and instead of taking the six months he needed to recover from that concussion, he went right back into another camp for a fight six weeks out. I'm not trying to suggest that Cerrone would've won had he waited, but the circumstances in which he took that fight absolutely contributed to him being more susceptible to getting knockout out.

Furthermore, Cerrone again didn't take six months off to heal his brain, and fought Till just three months after the Masvidal fight, against someone who had 26 lbs on him.

He actually got a nice 7 month break after the Masvidal fight. He fought Lawler next. And after a war with Lawler, he fought Till 2 months later.

Actually a very clear correlation between his 2 devastating KO losses. Both happened after meager 60 day layoffs following fights where he took a lot of damage. There are guys that 6 months off after easy wins. But Cowboy ain't most fighters.

Cerrone looked quite beatable against Al. Not at all as dominant as some claimed post fight.

Dude, Al tried to exit the ring immediately after the 5th. He was so battered he sat on a stool while the scorecards were announced.

Al got straight up mauled over the last 3 rounds. And he is a tremendously game, tough fighter.

He actually got a nice 7 month break after the Masvidal fight.
He fought Lawler, that's no "break".

giphy.gif

Dude, Al tried to exit the ring immediately after the 5th. He was so battered he sat on a stool while the scorecards were announced.

Al got straight up mauled over the last 3 rounds. And he is a tremendously game, tough fighter.

This forum is insane. There were people saying Cowboy looked slow and stiff after he beat Hernandez to a bloody pulp.

Till had 26 lbs on Masvidal too. Only difference was Masvidal brought the fight to him after getting knocked down from the first shot and knocked him the fuck out, while Cowboy looked like a scared amateur quitting after the first few good shots het got.

I really believe cerrone can beat masvidal in a rematch. he fought too quickly vs masvidal without recovering properly.
I don’t see it. Masvidal won’t be on the wrong end of the reach equation as badly as Al. Also, masvidal has great defense.

Put Cerrone in there with Gaethje. See if Donald has learned to deal with forward pressure.

Till had 26 lbs on Masvidal too. Only difference was Masvidal brought the fight to him after getting knocked down from the first shot and knocked him the fuck out, while Cowboy looked like a scared amateur quitting after the first few good shots het got.
So you're going to completely avoid my point about the circumstances surrounding Cerrone's fight against Masvidal? I'll take that as a concession.

And no, Till did not have 26 lbs on Masvidal <Lmaoo>.

Till punched Cowboy's nose out the back of his head. I think that would turn anyone into a scared amateur.

no he didn't. he fought fucking an old decrepit ellenberger and had almost 2 months off prior to fighting cerrone. cerronenon the other had a brutal war and never dint recover on time. he was carrying a niggling injury going in to the fight. I am not saying masvidal won't beat him if cerrone was healthy but it would have been a much harder fight to call should donald have fought healthy.

this. exactly.

He actually got a nice 7 month break after the Masvidal fight. He fought Lawler next. And after a war with Lawler, he fought Till 2 months later.

Actually a very clear correlation between his 2 devastating KO losses. Both happened after meager 60 day layoffs following fights where he took a lot of damage. There are guys that 6 months off after easy wins. But Cowboy ain't most fighters.
if he can give Lawler a hard fight when he was healthy then I am 100% sure masvidal or till shouldn't be a problem either if he was actually fully fit when he fought them.

I completely got this one wrong I though Al's boxing would give Cowboys fits like Mas did but Cowboy worked behind an educated jab and got the win.

That Mmath eh?

I hope you lost money, as well. Filthy casual...

giphy.gif

Back