Well......................... What happens to Tony now?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JM Barrie, Apr 14, 2019.

1. JM Barrie

JM Barrie Blue Belt

Dustin and Khabib are fighting next........................ 5 months from now.

What are we doing with Tony?

Tony VS Connor?
    Tony VS Gaethje?
    Tony VS Gillespie?

Tony is ready to fight. There is no way he can sit out to face the winner of Dustin VS Khabib. No way.

#1-#4 have fights booked or are on suspension
    #5 is Gaethje
    #6 moved up in weight
    #7 has a fight booked
    #8 just got knocked the heck out
    #9 is on a 1 fight win streak
    #10 is Gillespie

Connor can fight before Sep.,right?

Personally I would want Tony VS Gillespie. Gillespie is someone I want in the title picture before the year is over.

Sage NorthGOAT likes this.
  2. blaseblah

blaseblah Gold Belt

Conor makes the most sense. If Conor ducks that fight, then Gaethje. Or if he wants, let him sit out and wait to fight Khabib. The guy has earned that much.

I'm as high on Gillespie as anyone but he needs a lower top 10 fight, pushing him right into title contention doesn't make sense.

Skitzo, Ingjr, cburm and 15 others like this.
  3. llperez22

llperez22 Red Belt

I can’t see Connor taking that fight but it is the one I want most. After that, then Gaethje. He should also be ready for whenever they book khabib vs Dustin in case one has to pull out.

4. Sweater of AV

Sweater of AV Black Belt

What happens to Tony is he gets healthy and passes all required tests.

5. agibmxmma

agibmxmma Ex Pro Fighter. Omerta, Live Aloha!

Tony needs to get his head right and life in order.. doubt he comes back anytime soon. Nor do I see the UFC putting him in the cage within the next 3-6 months, if he was cleared by therapists/psychiatrist soon. But I do agree with you on Gregor hopefully getting a title shor this year or soon there after.

RogerD likes this.
  6. Spath

Spath Brown Belt

I think he passed the medicals already. I don’t know about his mental health, as that’s something too complex. He’s always been weird, I hope he gets his stuff together.

I think the only right fight for him is for the belt. Just look at his streak and the opponents he’s beat! This division is just a mess right now.

Could you imagine being Ferguson with his amazing winning streak against top fighters and not getting a title shot? Are they really going to put him against one more contender fight?

7. FreddieRoachsVoice

FreddieRoachsVoice Green Belt

Serious LOL @ Gregor being suggested simply because you're a fan of his. He has done absolutely nothing to have earned such a high profile fight thus far.

Personally, I think Tony should sit out as his personal life is a complete mess and he has nothing to gain from taking another fight (especially considering how shopworn he is becoming which likely will mark the downslide of his prime soon IMO). However, if he does fight, only McGregor or Gaethje would make sense.

Being an alternate for the unification belt is also a realistic option given Khabib's history of pulling out of fights.

Anaconda99, Moro, Sinthesized and 3 others like this.
  8. sherdogwantedtonamemekiki

sherdogwantedtonamemekiki Blue Belt

Tony's Netflix series where he's an MMA fighter by day but hunts vampires by night.

9. balkanbomber85

balkanbomber85 Orange Belt

with his winning streak he should not have to fight anyone except the champ, point!

I know it sucks that he had some mental issues and so they had to throw in the interim belt to create a contender for Khabib,
    but [email protected] it, he is on an unbelieveable 11 fight win streak SO no, he should not wait, its even more logical that the interim champ
    waits for the outcome of Khabib VS Toni and then gets the winner!

10. The Legendary Scarface

The Legendary Scarface White Belt

Tony
    Gaethje
    Conor

I don't care who but 2 of them better sign a contract.

11. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

Gaethje, Conor, or the winner of Al/Cowboy

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  12. JM Barrie

JM Barrie Blue Belt

Tony is 35 years old. He don't have much time to wait. LW isn't HW.

I didn't just include Gregor because I am a fan of his. I included him because he has shown great skills in the UFC. 6 fights in the UFC and 5 finishes.
    He was hit one time in his last fight.
    He was hit 7 times in the fight before that.
    He was hit again 7 times in the fight before that last one.

He has shown complete dominance. If he were Russian people would be angry he hasnt received a title shot by now.

13. DLX

DLX Bloodstained white belt

Enjoying my athleticism and explosiveness
    He should still get the next shot imo.

I know Dustin just won the interim title, but Tonys resume is still better. He's on an 11 fight win streak in the hardest division. Have Dustin fight the winner in December.

14. Sage NorthGOAT

Sage NorthGOAT The OG Double Champ

I dont see why Conor wouldnt jump at the chance to fight Ferg.

Its a direct path back to Khabib, and tbh Ferg's kinda vulnerable with the bad knees and getting rocked all the time

Theres also a strong chance that if Conor lost, it'd be by submission, and thats not nearly as damaging to his reputation as getting KO'd

15. MMA reborn

MMA reborn Banned Banned

He is scared to lose a fight before Khabib TS. In MMA now you are as good as your last fight.

Max is already a can and Gastelum was never good and overrated. So Tony is afraid of this

His issue is that he lost his mind and he refused Maxes fight. Would have been the easiest fight for him

16. FaceSlam

FaceSlam White Belt

Tony thinking he's Jesus and Connie thinking he's Mystic Mack makes for an interesting clash of characters. All we need is Adesanya who thinks he's plugged into the matrix.

17. FreddieRoachsVoice

FreddieRoachsVoice Green Belt

So he doesn't have time to wait but for a title shot because he's 35 yet should risk everything on a fight that does nothing for him? Sound logic.

Gregor's wins are over completely sub-par talent. He doesn't belong anywhere near this list and it's embarrassing that you are still trying to justify that he should be. Ignored

Herbanii likes this.
  18. legkicktko

legkicktko Brown Belt

He gets arrested in his front yard with no shirt and the caption will read "former UFC fighter arrested".

19. DrunkMonkMeth

DrunkMonkMeth Brown Belt

Tony vs his mental state..

Once he sorts that shit out ill be looking forward to his return. Until then he needs to stay away from fighting

20. Evangelion

Evangelion Silver Belt

Yea thats not happening and Dustin has beat Max, Alvarez, Gaethje and Pettis his last 4 fights. Hes fighting monsters every fight.

Arm Barbarian likes this.