Peter_Panner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jden.png

J'Den

UTRZQJAEGY5HFE27N344B35IPM.jpg

Kyle

Kyle Snyder gets onto the USA wrestling team without having to face J'Den Cox.

J'Den Cox was told, by a USA wrestling employee, the wrong time of weigh ins. J'Den got to the weigh ins late by 8 mins but they still let him weigh in. He was less than a pound over so they gave him more time and he weighed in less than 10 mins later. He makes weight. They then told him that it doesn't count because he was late.

J'Den is appealing this decision as we speak.

I think this is complete bullshit. That employee should be fired. How can you get the times wrong? It's the fucking Olympics. J'Den is 26 years old, this would probably be his last Games.

Now the USA wrestling team will have to have Kyle Snyder on the team. Kyle was pinned at his last Worlds.
I wanted to see how J'Den did against that Russian guy but now he seems we may never get to see it.

Fuck this shit.

I was in the building when J'den Cox was weighing in. Here's what I saw:

I walked in a little before 8 a.m. I'll be honest, I had no idea weigh-ins were still going on when I walked in the building. I was granted Tier 1 access to this event, which meant I could be underneath with all the athletes and coaches and had a seat on the floor. I planned to take full advantage of that opportunity, so I arrived early.

I get there, and athletes are walking back from the scales or already eating after having made weight. I take my time walking to the floor because I know some people are still making weight and it's really not my place to be there while they're stepping on the scale. Anybody who's ever made weight knows it's a chaotic scene sometimes.

But I walk out onto the floor right around 8 a.m., and I see J'den Cox and Kevin Jackson both over by the scales. I don't think much of it and am more focused on finding my seat. I do that, but I still see J'den and KJ over by the scales. Naturally, I'm curious.
It's after 8 a.m. at this point, which I learned is when weigh-ins closed. But J'den is running around the floor and doing sprints to work off whatever little weight he had left to work off. KJ is pleading with the weigh-in officials to try and give him more time, presumably because he had told J'den the wrong time.

The officials listen to him. It's devastating to hear. There's legit worry in KJ's voice. J'den, meanwhile, is just going about his business. He doesn't look terribly worried at this point. I get the vibe that if he hurries and steps on the scale, the officials might give it to him, but I can't be for certain. I'm a good ways away from the conversation.

A USA Wrestling employee calls my phone at 8:06 a.m. KJ and J'den are still on the floor. I see J'den get on the scale again, and I'm not sure that he makes weight because he goes back to working weight off again while KJ continues to plead with the officials. This is about the time when I realize that something big is happening.

The last time I look at my phone, it's 8:10 a.m., and a few minutes after, J'den steps on the scale and presumably makes weight. Then he steps on another, and presumably makes weight again. Then another. The officials say something to KJ and I can't hear it but he's not happy. J'den sits in a nearby chair. The officials walk off the floor.

I see KJ console J'den and then they, too, walk off the floor. A few more minutes pass and a USA Wrestling employee comes up to me. I asked what's next. A committee is going to decide J'den's fate, they tell me. Cool. Let's see what happens.

About an hour later, I'm working on some pre-tournament stuff when I hear that the committee voted no. I don't know who's on the committee or how many people are on it. I double check with a few USA Wrestling employees who would know about the final decision. They tell me it's a no. I check the brackets. J'den's not there.

So I send out the tweet. A few minutes later, USA Wrestling posts their announcement that he's not competing.

And just like that, one of the most exciting days for our sport gets off to a rough start.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...2021-jden-cox-women-freestyle-usa/7083071002/

Last edited:
Yeah it was totally BS that J'den Cox got disqualified like that. You would think the weigh in process would be better managed. I hope he wins his appeal, and maybe have a wrestle off match against Kyle Snyder like the original plan to determine the rightful Olympic representative

I'm just happy that my alum Kyle Dake finally got his shot at the Olympics. Dude was wrestling like a man possessed, and absolutely manhandled a 3 time NCAA champ, Jason Nolf in 42 seconds, and beating arguably the GOAT American wrestler, Jordan Burroughs.

Last edited:
man that is heart breaking. Its sad because neither guy is at fault. The lifestyle of a wrestler ,let alone a olympic wrestler, is probably one of the most grueling lives a person can live.

I would hope "they" who ever that is can come up with a common sense solution.

J'Den Cox was told, by a USA wrestling employee, the wrong time of weigh ins.

I know nothing about this particular issue, but I have been to plenty of judo, taekwondo, and wrestling competitions at the highest level to know that the time schedules for most things such as weigh ins is posted publicly all over. It's hard to miss.

If that employee gave him the wrong time that employee surely messed up. But so did Cox and his team if he couldn't get the time right for weigh ins.

These events have itinerary and schedules posted and available...Maybe somebody did tell him the wrong info but something this important you double of triple check....Suck if it happens but it is his responsibility to get there ontime.

jden.png

J'Den

UTRZQJAEGY5HFE27N344B35IPM.jpg

Kyle

Kyle Snyder gets onto the USA wrestling team without having to face J'Den Cox.

J'Den Cox was told, by a USA wrestling employee, the wrong time of weigh ins. J'Den got to the weigh ins late by 8 mins but they still let him weigh in. He was less than a pound over so they gave him more time and he weighed in less than 10 mins later. He makes weight. They then told him that it doesn't count because he was late.

J'Den is appealing this decision as we speak.

I think this is complete bullshit. That employee should be fired. How can you get the times wrong? It's the fucking Olympics. J'Den is 26 years old, this would probably be his last Games.

Now the USA wrestling team will have to have Kyle Snyder on the team. Kyle was pinned his last go around at the Games.
I wanted to see how J'Den did against that Russian guy but now he seems we may never get to see it.

Fuck this shit.

I was in the building when J'den Cox was weighing in. Here's what I saw:

I walked in a little before 8 a.m. I'll be honest, I had no idea weigh-ins were still going on when I walked in the building. I was granted Tier 1 access to this event, which meant I could be underneath with all the athletes and coaches and had a seat on the floor. I planned to take full advantage of that opportunity, so I arrived early.

I get there, and athletes are walking back from the scales or already eating after having made weight. I take my time walking to the floor because I know some people are still making weight and it's really not my place to be there while they're stepping on the scale. Anybody who's ever made weight knows it's a chaotic scene sometimes.

But I walk out onto the floor right around 8 a.m., and I see J'den Cox and Kevin Jackson both over by the scales. I don't think much of it and am more focused on finding my seat. I do that, but I still see J'den and KJ over by the scales. Naturally, I'm curious.
It's after 8 a.m. at this point, which I learned is when weigh-ins closed. But J'den is running around the floor and doing sprints to work off whatever little weight he had left to work off. KJ is pleading with the weigh-in officials to try and give him more time, presumably because he had told J'den the wrong time.

The officials listen to him. It's devastating to hear. There's legit worry in KJ's voice. J'den, meanwhile, is just going about his business. He doesn't look terribly worried at this point. I get the vibe that if he hurries and steps on the scale, the officials might give it to him, but I can't be for certain. I'm a good ways away from the conversation.

A USA Wrestling employee calls my phone at 8:06 a.m. KJ and J'den are still on the floor. I see J'den get on the scale again, and I'm not sure that he makes weight because he goes back to working weight off again while KJ continues to plead with the officials. This is about the time when I realize that something big is happening.

The last time I look at my phone, it's 8:10 a.m., and a few minutes after, J'den steps on the scale and presumably makes weight. Then he steps on another, and presumably makes weight again. Then another. The officials say something to KJ and I can't hear it but he's not happy. J'den sits in a nearby chair. The officials walk off the floor.

I see KJ console J'den and then they, too, walk off the floor. A few more minutes pass and a USA Wrestling employee comes up to me. I asked what's next. A committee is going to decide J'den's fate, they tell me. Cool. Let's see what happens.

About an hour later, I'm working on some pre-tournament stuff when I hear that the committee voted no. I don't know who's on the committee or how many people are on it. I double check with a few USA Wrestling employees who would know about the final decision. They tell me it's a no. I check the brackets. J'den's not there.

So I send out the tweet. A few minutes later, USA Wrestling posts their announcement that he's not competing.

And just like that, one of the most exciting days for our sport gets off to a rough start.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...2021-jden-cox-women-freestyle-usa/7083071002/

Well they were going to get wrecked by some Caucasians anyways.

I don’t follow wrestling at all, but a quick wiki search tells me you’re talking very dismissively of Kyle Snyder, who is an Olympic gold medalist, two time world champion and has personally beaten the Russian dude I’m assuming you’re taking about

I don’t follow wrestling at all, but a quick wiki search tells me you’re talking very dismissively of Kyle Snyder, who is an Olympic gold medalist, two time world champion and has personally beaten the Russian dude I’m assuming you’re taking about

Well, Snyder beat Sadulaev when the latter just moved up and was getting used to the weight class.

In the rematch Sadulayev destroyed Snyder.
They didn't rematch after because Snyder lost in a prior match.

Well, Snyder beat Sadulaev when the latter just moved up and was getting used to the weight class.

In the rematch Sadulayev destroyed Snyder.
They didn't rematch after because Snyder lost in a prior match.
OK, cool. I’m just saying, reading the OP you would think this Snyder dude is a total fucking can instead of an Olympic gold medalist and two time world champion.

J'Den was shook from his previous two losses to Snyder, showed up late and overweight, and now doesn't have to take a third L

We only care about MMA, these men are scared to get in a real fight

Incompetence among olympic employees? Shocking.

Back