Well thats the competition out the window.

maori rule all

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey my sherdog S&P borhters in arms.

I have failed you all and myself.

I went into the gym today to find out what my 1rm was to see my potential for the deadlift competition next saturday.

I started of with 160kg then 170kg and went to attempt 180kg

I got 160 and 170 seemed hard as hell. I thought fuck it and go for 180 I only got it a few inches of the ground, I died inside lol. So really the 185kg I wanted to pull is out the window. Apperently 170kg would win the competition for me and set a under 16 record, but I'm not happy with that. I had a personal goal to achieve and I haven't reached it

Does anyone think there will be a chance in hell by next saturday I would even pull 180kg

I did have a rugby match yesterday though, but I was a back and did piss all so I wasn't fatigued at all.

thats a northern ireland record by the way, don't be thinking I'm trying to make it out to be a world record or something lol. I wish

First off: If you have a competition in one week, you shouldn't be testing your 1RM right now. That's just foolish. Secondly, who cares what you pull or if you win? Just do it and do your best. That's what this is all about, not trophies. Even if you win that competition your still just as good as the competition you beat, and if 170 wins than it's not all that great.

You're letting yourself down more by skipping the competition. Just do it and learn.

If you don't think you can win then there's no point in competing. Or living for that matter. You know what must now be done...

I'm not skipping it, I'm still doing it. I just had a goal I wanted to hit at the competition.

I'm not skipping it, I'm still doing it. I just had a goal I wanted to hit at the competition.

You'll find you perform a lot better in competition than in practice. You'll have a lot of adrenaline powering you :icon_chee

You'll find you perform a lot better in competition than in practice. You'll have a lot of adrenaline powering you :icon_chee

I fucking better lol. But I'm not sure. I'm a pesamistic sort of person ( if that's how to spell it) so there might not be that much adrenaline there.

Just because you didn't hit it in practice doesn't mean you can't do it at the meet. When it comes time for it you'll be pumped up enough with the competition to easily pull that.
Good Luck.

Cheers for the input everyone. will do klotz and hopefully thats the way it turns out mustang lol

You should promise to cut your balls off with rusty snips if you pull less than 185. That should be sufficient motivation.

Good luck.

You should promise to cut your balls off with rusty snips if you pull less than 185. That should be sufficient motivation.

Good luck.

Barut just from that comment. I have been motivated to rule the world. Ok I promise to cut my balls off if i dont pull 185kg

It means that if you fail to pull 185 everyone will know that you must cut off your balls.

...and ship them to you? You KNOW you promised to end that ball-collecting obsession, Barut.

You're so letting me down.

Maori - skip the 160 and 170 and you can probably do it.

ok then it has been declared my balls will be cut off and up for grabs for the S&P community if I don't pull 185 kg.

Careful with getting reckless on deadlifts... it fucked me up for a good long while.

I think we need another sub-forum in S&P to go along with Training Logs...

We can title it... "Shoulder to Cry On."

If you aren't worried about weight, eat a lot. Make sure to rest a ton too. Don't do anything taxing (rugby matches or deadlifting) until the competition. Take a few contrast showers as well.

Usually you can improve your 1RM in deadlift just by having a rested CNS. 1 week out from a competition is too close to be testing your 1RM, btw.

Back