Well Kawa, where is this decision?

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jon's managers (Abe and Malki Kawa) have been saying since June that we'll get a decision "soon".

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...ion-coming-hopefully-sooner-rather-than-later

Then Malki said we'd have a decision by the end of July.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...i-kawa-very-confident-usada-decision-end-july

So where is this decision???

Of course, the joke is that there is no decision, at least not one they will announce. USADA has likely concluded their investigation and offered Jon Jones some suspension. We won't get any "news" until Jon files for arbitration, which they STILL have not done.

So why don't you just do it already, Malki. At this point you've got what you've got, and you might as well file for arbitration. Stop dragging this thing out and just finish it. I'm actually happy this is taking so long at this point, because it means Jon's team isn't getting their way. The SECOND USADA comes down to 2 years, they'll file for arbitration to try and cut it to 18 months.

This tells me USADA is still demanding a 3-4 year suspension, which is what would be ideal.

EDIT:
Jon Jones still hasn't been tested by USADA since October 2017, which is 9 months now. His suspension should be frozen. My guess is that by not accepting a suspension & delaying proceedings, Jon is able to leave the test pool while "suspended", and will then demand a retroactive suspension in arbitration.

Jon Jones should have his suspension frozen, be given 4 years, and not be eligible to return until 2022.

Last edited:
Homie's moving the goal posts....

I wish Ariel Helwani would ambush-interview them and call them on their bullshit. Show them all the times they said "we'll have a decision soon" and just point blank accuse them of delaying it. I wish we had more media outlets that would go after athletes/managers and make people uncomfortable.

Jon's managers (Abe and Malki Kawa) have been saying since June that we'll get a decision "soon".

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...ion-coming-hopefully-sooner-rather-than-later

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...i-kawa-very-confident-usada-decision-end-july

Of course, the joke is that there is no decision, at least not one they will announce. USADA has likely concluded their investigation and offered Jon Jones some suspension. We won't get any "news" until Jon files for arbitration, which they STILL have not done.

So why don't you just do it already, Malki. At this point you've got what you've got, and you might as well file for arbitration. Stop dragging this thing out and just finish it. I'm actually happy this is taking so long at this point, because it means Jon's team isn't getting their way. The SECOND USADA comes down to 2 years, they'll file for arbitration to try and cut it to 18 months.

This tells me USADA is still demanding a 3-4 year suspension, which is what would be ideal.

EDIT:
Jon Jones still hasn't been tested by USADA since October 2017, which is 9 months now. His suspension should be frozen. My guess is that by not accepting a suspension & delaying proceedings, Jon is able to leave the test pool while "suspended", and will then demand a retroactive suspension in arbitration.

Jon Jones should have his suspension frozen, be given 4 years, and not be eligible to return until 2022.

they im sure already know and there no rush to get anything ot in the public.

it didn't take that quote to know that malki is a jack ass lier just like jon jones is.

Dumbest fuckin post I’ve read in awhile. Jon’s coming back next year stop whining like a bitch

"This tells me USADA is still demanding a 3-4 year suspension, which is what would be ideal."

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The fix is in...Don't doubt it....

There are no dick pills, or contaminated substances to hilariously trace in this case. His hearing was as bad as it gets.

With his accumulated history, the only possible objective conclusion one could come to (assuming USADA, the UFC, and the AC are not corrupt and are actually serious in their efforts) is that Jones is getting a 4 year suspension.

That's not going to happen. It's all a joke.

The fix is in...Don't doubt it....

I honestly just don't see it. I agree with you that, objectively, Jon Jones should get 4 years. His CSAC hearing was seriously a disaster.

However, let's assume USADA were dealing with Jon/UFC under the table -- that would be bad for USADA's image in general. They are bigger than the UFC, and have a lot at stake. Jon Jones really isn't *that* big of an athlete in the grand scheme of things. He's a big fish in a small pond. There's just not enough money in this for USADA to cave.

And if USADA were willing to be lenient on Jones and give him just 2 years, I feel like we'd have moved on towards arbitration already. The fact that Jones hasn't filed for arbitration means USADA aren't willing to offer him the deal he wants (likely 18-24 months). In that case, we can assume USADA is asking for 3-4 years. Thus, the Jones team will just keep waiting and delaying accepting any suspension until USADA comes down to 2 years, or 3 years tick by.

EDIT:

I agree, if USADA are to be taken serious they need to clamp down on the shenanigans...

Jones is such a clear case of a 4 year suspension, hell it could be argued that aggravating circumstances make him. Eligible for even more, for example the fraudulent signing of documents on his behalf.

Last edited:
Back