Well it's summertime and I'm gragiatin

mettalhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a senior with a wrestling scholarship to York College of Nebraska. I'm soon to be on my own out of the high school weights program and needing my own routine to follow. Luckily I've got a gym thats got what I need.. well can make do theres no platform but I'm gonna do my best not to drop weights. But what my question is since my goals are to gain functional strength and explosiveness to transfer to the next level of my sport and since I'll not only be lifting but wrestling at least twice a weak what would be my best option for a program to follow?

My maxes are as follows. Bench 200, Squat 255, and Hang Clean 185ish (haven't maxed on this it's next week).

Serious question: have you read the FAQ?

Serious question: have you read the FAQ?

Yes I have, I'd appreciate it if you don't try and pull this shit on me. I don't the the 5x5 would be right because of the high amount of volume. I was thinking three day split put I'm not real good with deads and I don't know much about the assitance exercises for them.

I'm either going to be a 149 pounder or 157

Yes I have, I'd appreciate it if you don't try and pull this shit on me. I don't the the 5x5 would be right because of the high amount of volume. I was thinking three day split put I'm not real good with deads and I don't know much about the assitance exercises for them.

I'm either going to be a 149 pounder or 157

Well there are like 4-5 other routines on there, including different 2 day splits. I don't believe that you've read the FAQ, and if you have, you should probably re-read it.

Well there are like 4-5 other routines on there, including different 2 day splits. I don't believe that you've read the FAQ, and if you have, you should probably re-read it.

Alright you can fuck yourself you prick.. I've been here awhile and read the faq several times. You want to be an ass hole thats your own fucking problem. You want to be a **** then I don't want your advice.

Alright you can fuck yourself you prick.. I've been here awhile and read the faq several times. You want to be an ass hole thats your own fucking problem. You want to be a **** then I don't want your advice.

Ok. Well my advice is to educate yourself better so you don't have to post shitty threads on sherdog asking what knid of routine you should do.

If you're worried about too much volume with the 5x5...lower the sets to say...3.

Boom. Done. I'm a fucking miracle worker.

Ok. Well my advice is to educate yourself better so you don't have to post shitty threads on sherdog asking what knid of routine you should do.

Yea it's a shitty thread.. your a tool. Guess what did i find the program that urban wrote in the faq? not when I looked and guess what, someone with a better attitude wanting to help someone else gave me a link to it. At least I'm not in the squat rack doing curls. I'd rather have some help than blindly putting shit together and wasting my summer. Obviously guys like urban, Luust, fatty, and countless others no more than me. Thats why I ask questions, and I guess fuck me for actually speaking up for some fucking input. Christ I look for a little guidance from some people with some experience that put up big numbers and show progress. And what does your pussy ass do speak up and tell me to read the faq. You read the faq common courtesty to a fellow lifter looking to gain knowlege and strength.

Yea it's a shitty thread.. your a tool. Guess what did i find the program that urban wrote in the faq? not when I looked and guess what, someone with a better attitude wanting to help someone else gave me a link to it. At least I'm not in the squat rack doing curls. I'd rather have some help than blindly putting shit together and wasting my summer. Obviously guys like urban, Luust, fatty, and countless others no more than me. Thats why I ask questions, and I guess fuck me for actually speaking up for some fucking input. Christ I look for a little guidance from some people with some experience that put up big numbers and show progress. And what does your pussy ass do speak up and tell me to read the faq. You read the faq common courtesty to a fellow lifter looking to gain knowlege and strength.

Hey man I asked a serious question because from your thread alone it sounded like you've never read the faq..

Thanks this looks pretty good. I hadn't seen it in here anywhere before. Definitely is under consideration. I'll have to read through it more carefully here in a little bit.

I suggested he sticky it a while ago, but he never did. It's really a thorough attempt to solve the puzzle that combat athletes face in their training. I really like his take on Complex training (supersetting a heavy movement with a plyometric movement), which is really vital and hard to fit in well.

Hey man I asked a serious question because from your thread alone it sounded like you've never read the faq..

I was asking a serious question as well. I understand theres trolls and shit. and yes it can be funny to jump on them when they post in here. But sometimes thats not the right way to go about this. I don't have a whole lot of experience in the iron world. I'm young only 18 and graduating high school I don't have the years logged in the gym or the experience in training for fighting(very similar to wrestling) which several of the people on this board do.. Which is why I asked.

I suggested he sticky it a while ago, but he never did. It's really a thorough attempt to solve the puzzle that combat athletes face in their training. I really like his take on Complex training (supersetting a heavy movement with a plyometric movement), which is really vital and hard to fit in well.

I take it you've gone through this program? and you had a good experience with gains. Did you do some type of MA training with it as well? I know everbody is different but I'm wondering about overtraining. Because I'm gonna be on a tight schedule working atleast 40 hrs. a week in a cabinet shop. Sanding, sweeping, basically being their bitch. Just wondering

I take it you've gone through this program? and you had a good experience with gains. Did you do some type of MA training with it as well? I know everbody is different but I'm wondering about overtraining. Because I'm gonna be on a tight schedule working atleast 40 hrs. a week in a cabinet shop. Sanding, sweeping, basically being their bitch. Just wondering

I actually haven't. I Don't have acess to a barbell, and with work and school I'm out of the house 14+ hours a day. Also since I don't compete anymore I don't feel the need to keep my cardio super sharp. I do have experience on similar programs (Ross) while I was actively competing. At that time I was working construction 50ish hours a week too. Urban's program is similar to Ross II program, which works btw, Urban's just uses more barbell work and has slightly more rest days.

Check out his log.

Talk to your colleges strength and conditioning coaches

I was asking a serious question as well. I understand theres trolls and shit. and yes it can be funny to jump on them when they post in here. But sometimes thats not the right way to go about this. I don't have a whole lot of experience in the iron world. I'm young only 18 and graduating high school I don't have the years logged in the gym or the experience in training for fighting(very similar to wrestling) which several of the people on this board do.. Which is why I asked.

Ya man that's why I said "serious question: have you ever read the FAQ?" I was being serious and not trying to be a dick man, I'm all for helping other out, but you got all offended and responded in an immature, troll-like manner.

Back