Well it's Electoral college vote day. Happy Dec. 19th Everybody!

That's not even remotely close to the scale we've seen with Libs, who have been protesting nearly every little thing these days.

Look, I know what side you're on, but you have to admit the Libs are getting extra pathetic these days. This isn't your normal complaining about the other side. This is flat out childish. You have to feel a little embarrassed to call yourself a Liberal these days.

I'm not saying libs aren't being ridiculous cause they are the protest are such a waste of time but I'm glad cause I love people out there wasting their time over nothing like this. So I say let them keep protesting and wasting their time.

With that said people were protesting Obama's presidency. Was it to the degree that it is now? No I don't think so. The difference I think is that now people are having a way easier time at organizing online and a lot of these protest are college kids who have a lot of free time to do this. Trying to get older republicans to stand around and protest for hours is going to be tough even with the internet.

How can I trust you? How about if I send you my credit card number and expiry to make sure I know who you are first.

Once you verify that my credit card works let me know and then I will send you my password.

Don't use 1234 like him...use 4321

1.- The US is a republic, republics are democracies.

2.- It was handled day one, Obama released his birth certificate before he was sworn president, it was not good enough, they wanted the long form, Obama released the long form and it was not good enough, it was obviously a forgery.

They have democratic aspects to them but it's not a direct democracy. The constitution was built to protect the people from other people. They looked to Athens as an example of what not to do. And if people want it changed so badly they can with a constitutional amendment. Crying after you lost is not how it works.

How long did it take to release the long form birth certificate? And at this point it is a battle lost even if he wasn't a citizen. I think we should move on. I just don't feel guilty about wanting to see it in the past. The purpose behind wanting only an American to be president is a good one.

On topic, Wisconsin's 10 all went to Trump. Anyone hear of any state with dissenters?

They have democratic aspects to them but it's not a direct democracy. The constitution was built to protect the people from other people. They looked to Athens as an example of what not to do. And if people want it changed so badly they can with a constitutional amendment. Crying after you lost is not how it works.

How long did it take to release the long form birth certificate? And at this point it is a battle lost even if he wasn't a citizen. I think we should move on. I just don't feel guilty about wanting to see it in the past. The purpose behind wanting only an American to be president is a good one.

1.- US is not a direct democracy, the Constitution was made to protect the minority agains the majority, not to have the majority being ruled by the minority which is what you are implying. Majority rules but the minority is taken into account when ruling, thats a republic.

2.- They were busy building a time machine to get the long form from the past. He released a valid birth certificate, that should had been more than enough.

1.- US is not a direct democracy, the Constitution was made to protect the minority agains the majority, not to have the majority being ruled by the minority which is what you are implying. Majority rules but the minority is taken into account when ruling, thats a republic.

2.- They were busy building a time machine to get the long form from the past. He released a valid birth certificate, that should had been more than enough.

Your whole argument is flawed because neither president attempted to go after the popular vote. And in the case of the electoral college they did intend for the minority to over ride the majority. That's the point of it. Once again, protecting us from Democracy.

Ill be happy the moment that righties stop pointing the finger at Hillary for every flaw of Trump.

Im also quite amazed by how righties have the nerve to call lefties whiners when righties did nothing but bitch about Obama for 8 years straight while he was trying to fix the mess that was the Bush admin.
So Bush created obamacare?

that's the only thing obama will be remembered for....

1.- You said the Iraq war. And yes, i agree that the Obama admin should not had intervened in Syria or Libya, but there was a lot of pressure to do so and they mistakenly did. That being said at least bama made peace with Iran.
I actually said "Bush's War". I guess I should have said War On Terror, but I felt it was obvious. Even if he ended the Iraq War as scheduled, by W, he still committed more troops to Afghanistan, etc. Edit: Iran deal was the best thing he ever did, but it will be meaningless if Trump rips it up.
2.- Obama giving way to Congress = Obama making them permanent?
Obama was the one who negotiated the compromise. His administration is the who convinced Democrats to vote for it.
3.- So how does accountability works? French revolution?
How about prosecution?

Your whole argument is flawed because neither president attempted to go after the popular vote. And in the case of the electoral college they did intend for the minority to over ride the majority. That's the point of it. Once again, protecting us from Democracy.

Actually no.

The electoral college was supposed to represent a proportional amount of population and thus be chosen by district and not by state, the electoral college was also supposed to exert their judgment and not have their votes compromised, that was the original intent. The current system was created by political parties in the XIX century to maximize their political influence.

Also how in the fuck do you protect someone from Democracy while lowering the amount of votes they need to get in the first place? in that case you make the tyranny of the majority far easier.

The harder it is to pass something the more protected minorities, thats why you need the majority of electoral votes to be president.

That of course was overtime corrupted by political parties for its own benefit and cemented thanks to the civil war.

I actually said "Bush's War". I guess I should have said War On Terror, but I felt it was obvious. Even if he ended the Iraq War as scheduled, by W, he still committed more troops to Afghanistan, etc. Edit: Iran deal was the best thing he ever did, but it will be meaningless if Trump rips it up.

Obama was the one who negotiated the compromise. His administration is the who convinced Democrats to vote for it.

How about prosecution?

1.- The war on terror was not really expanded as troops and money commited decreased, Obama simply made it more global and actually went against terrorists, not state actors.

He dropped the ball massively on ISIS though.

2.- Of course, but it was so because republican congress was pressuring Obama to do it, not because it was a policy he supported.

3.- Fair enough, im not saying Obama was perfect, but at least he tried to rein in wall street.

People looked into his history and had questions about it. As the leader of the free world I don't think it's too much to ask to present a document and then mock the people who asked for it. Instead it became this huge game. Further upsetting everyone.
like I said, WHY did people have questions? What history? History that his father was african? Cool, Trump's mom was born in Scotland. So whats the difference? Why no outcry for Trump's certificate?

Why are leftists still obfuscating with the birther shit

While guys like John Mccain and John Kerry both had their service questioned and even ridiculed. Trump - "only wussies get captured and become POW's" towards John Mccain.

I am dumbfounded how any military member could have voted for this guy.

Because the alternative was a mad old woman who quite possibly would have started a war with Russia.

1.- The war on terror was not really expanded as troops and money commited decreased, Obama simply made it more global and actually went against terrorists, not state actors.

aka expanding the war on terror.

He dropped the ball massively on ISIS though.
I give Bush a lot of credit for this in the way they dismantled the Iraqi military, but Obama deserves a huge chunk of it as well, mainly in the way he expanded the war on terror and the position he took on Syria.

2.- Of course, but it was so because republican congress was pressuring Obama to do it, not because it was a policy he supported.

And par for the course Obama caved to said pressure and coaxed Congress into making Bush's tax cuts permanent. Even the DNC leadership wasn't happy about this, and they suck.

3.- Fair enough, im not saying Obama was perfect, but at least he tried to rein in wall street.

Obama is a paradox. He doesn't deserve 90% of the shit he gets from the right and he doesn't deserve 90% of the praise he gets from the left. The remaining accomplishments are really mediocre.
Which gets us back to my original point; the Democrats and Republicans are both hypocrites and its never been more obvious in my lifetime. Its beyond parody.

Because the alternative was a mad old woman who quite possibly would have started a war with Russia.

This is just anecdotal, but everyone I personally know who served also voted Trump in the primary too. Once again that doesn't really mean much but just anecdotal personal observation. "Your results may vary"

Obama is a paradox. He doesn't deserve 90% of the shit he gets from the right and he doesn't deserve 90% of the praise he gets from the left. The remaining accomplishments are really mediocre.
Which gets us back to my original point; the Democrats and Republicans are both hypocrites and its never been more obvious in my lifetime. Its beyond parody.
<mma4>

Any actual news on the electoral college?

Back