Well it's Electoral college vote day. Happy Dec. 19th Everybody!

What time today will this all be done? Does anyone know?

Projection? or hyprocrisy?

Psychological projection
is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1]

This is just a formality (probably outdated one) and really just the beginning. I hope I'm wrong about Trump with every fiber of my being, but his cabinet appointments, poking at China with talking to Taiwan and the navy vessel thing all suggest I'm dead right about my fears.

Jan 20 is when we get started on bad policy....

I fully expect most electors to vote faithfully to their states results. I can see a few, maybe one or two, going against the grain but not enough to change the outcome.

I don't see a single one going against. Political suicide, if you ask me.

I don't see a single one going against. Political suicide, if you ask me.

I think it depends on their district. If you might run for office in the one blue county in a red state and you go faithless, then I think they could spin it during the local election to the county constituents. But yeah otherwise you're right. That's the only reason I could see literally 1 or 2 in that situation. Hardly enough to make a difference in the outcome, but just for someone to show that they are a special snowflake.

I think it depends on their district. If you might run for office in the one blue county in a red state and you go faithless, then I think they could spin it during the local election to the county constituents. But yeah otherwise you're right. That's the only reason I could see literally 1 or 2 in that situation. Hardly enough to make a difference in the outcome, but just for someone to show that they are a special snowflake.

Very fair - I agree with you.

Projection? or hyprocrisy?

Psychological projection
is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1]

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-t5bI.gif

This is just a formality (probably outdated one) and really just the beginning. I hope I'm wrong about Trump with every fiber of my being, but his cabinet appointments, poking at China with talking to Taiwan and the navy vessel thing all suggest I'm dead right about my fears.

Jan 20 is when we get started on bad policy....
It's difficult to generalize with any accuracy in regards to something as complicated and nuanced as foreign policy, but if there's a general rule of thumb I've learned from my playground days all the way through to adulthood, it's that bullies respond to strength one way and to weakness another. We've tried weak for eight years, and can enumerate what we've gotten out of it. Now we'll put an alpha male in the Oval Office and see how it works out. It will be interesting, because there are times for diplomacy and humility. You may have noticed that Trump has already reached out to many who were very strong detractors during the primaries and campaign. I'm hoping for the best, and so far don't see those hopes as being unfounded.

Will the electors give the Presidency to Harambe, like he so rightfully deserves?

It's difficult to generalize with any accuracy in regards to something as complicated and nuanced as foreign policy, but if there's a general rule of thumb I've learned from my playground days all the way through to adulthood, it's that bullies respond to strength one way and to weakness another. We've tried weak for eight years, and can enumerate what we've gotten out of it. Now we'll put an alpha male in the Oval Office and see how it works out. It will be interesting, because there are times for diplomacy and humility. You may have noticed that Trump has already reached out to many who were very strong detractors during the primaries and campaign. I'm hoping for the best, and so far don't see those hopes as being unfounded.
So we agree that these things are very complicated but you suggest we should treat it like a schoolyard fight? That's the whole problem with Trump! There are a million variables at play with all kinds of consequences (many of which are difficult to foresee) of these actions. We need an intelligent, well thought out approach to foreign policy not school yard bullshit.

You know I can understand being critical of Trump and not happy about him winning.

However the crazy shit some on the left are crying is just funny as shit.

I look forward to more by the end of the day.

So raise of hands. Who is all happy that this shit will finally be fucking finished?

While I understand that there are still procedures left after this.

I really think this is the final last gasp of desperation that leftists have to think they can overthrow the results by some quirk in the election system. i.e. Hollywood morons begging on Youtube.

I just going to be happy this drama will be over frankly. Never terribly fond of either candidate. But the hysterics of the left made me think that Trump winning was a good thing. I mean i've seen countless posts from Clinton voters sick of this shit as well.

what say you?

They are going to immediately start calling for impeachment, I promise.

Vote your conscience EC! Keep that unqualified piece of shit (Draft Dodgin Don) out of the white house!

I'm not sure how anyone can justify hoping for the electors to go rogue. These people are trying to undermine our democracy. The only answer that makes any sense is that Russia is behind it.

Also, when I found out that one of the electors is the daughter of Nancy Pelosi (one of the few people on earth I despise as much as Hillary), it became clear that the level of corruption in our system is beyond anything I had feared

Vote your conscience EC! Keep that unqualified piece of shit (Draft Dodgin Don) out of the white house!
When he takes office, three of our last four Presidents will have been draft dodgers. It seems to be a virtue.

When he takes office, three of our last four Presidents will have been draft dodgers. It seems to be a virtue.

While guys like John Mccain and John Kerry both had their service questioned and even ridiculed. Trump - "only wussies get captured and become POW's" towards John Mccain.

I am dumbfounded how any military member could have voted for this guy.

With 28 of 29 of Florida's electoral votes in, CNN declares Florida...too close to call.

While guys like John Mccain and John Kerry both had their service questioned and even ridiculed. Trump - "only wussies get captured and become POW's" towards John Mccain.

I am dumbfounded how any military member could have voted for this guy.
We really love that Fortunate Son...

Back