Well, it turns out you dont need to warm up the engine before driving

Oh look here comes the brit with his fancy stick driving. Sorry bro, I got blunts to smoke and trash to litter with, I ain't got time for no manual.

In all seriousness, though, lol @ automatic/manual elitism. Just really. Do your homework. These days it really doesn't matter.

That's bullshit. Ain't no way I'm performing my drifts with a fucking automatic. I want control over my machine, power steering is also pussy driving.

Where I'm from its illegal to leave a vehicle at idle unattended.

Jesus, why do sherdoggers always start d!ck measuring when it comes to discussing cars.

Where I'm from its illegal to leave a vehicle at idle unattended.

Where are you from?

jFSmVQuBHslF6.jpg

As long as your not thrashing your car when you first turn it on your fine, but if you do engine light might come on

That's bullshit. Ain't no way I'm performing my drifts with a fucking automatic. I want control over my machine, power steering is also pussy driving.

Most people drive a car to get from one point to the other. Nobody gives a flying fuck about drifting except saudis and attention whores with youtube channels.

Performance vehicles need to warm up before you drive them hard. It isn't good for the valve springs and actually most engine parts to make lots of hp while the engine isn't warmed up. A Lamborghini Aventador for example needs quite a bit of time to warm up. It's performance suffers as well if the engine isn't warmed up.

Performance vehicles need to warm up before you drive them hard. It isn't good for the valve springs and actually most engine parts to make lots of hp while the engine isn't warmed up. A Lamborghini Aventador for example needs quite a bit of time to warm up. It's performance suffers as well if the engine isn't warmed up.

How many sherdoggers do you think drive Lambos? 90-95% :wink:

OP is slightly misleading since the linked article is all about gas consumption. The main rationale I've heard for idling the car is to get oil to all engine parts rather than high torque immediately on a 'dry' engine (of course it's not completely dry). At very low temperatures this compounded by the fact that the oil is cold (more viscous) and takes even longer to get to all parts of the engine.

My Subaru turbo engine needs to warm up so the oil can circulate into the turbo properly. Also, it has an annoying air pump that has to run for ~45 seconds to warm up the catalytic converter.

Have to warm up the car unless I want a frosted windshield.

This is the only reason I ever used the remote starter. Scraping the cold windshield every moring is murder on the glass.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hat-you-need-to-idle-your-car-before-driving/

Only carburetors needed the warmup. I dont think most people have a carburetor in their vehicle. Driving the car actually warms up the engine better than idling. I always wondered that. Most people will be driving slow first anyways because they dont get onto the highway right away anyways. Sitting there and idling the engine is just wasting fuel and not getting you anywhere.

In fact all it does is make the climate change even more. People are idling all the time and it just pumps out that greenhouse gas. So spread the word, dont warm up your cars, is not necessary, and stop polluting.

Bye bye, and have a happy new year bishes.

i drive fast as soon as i start driving. i don't drive like some fruitcake

OP is slightly misleading since the linked article is all about gas consumption. The main rationale I've heard for idling the car is to get oil to all engine parts rather than high torque immediately on a 'dry' engine (of course it's not completely dry). At very low temperatures this compounded by the fact that the oil is cold (more viscous) and takes even longer to get to all parts of the engine.

i don't give a fuck what some reporter says, i am warming my shit up.

How many sherdoggers do you think drive Lambos? 90-95% :wink:

Well yeah bro. I'm 6'4 of pure lean, ripped muscle with 3% body fat, bang 10s on the side while I have a 10 wife, and have a warehouse full of Lambos while I live in a mansion in Monaco.

Oh and I trane UFC HARD, bro. Come at me bro. Bro bro.

thought it was mainly to get the engine oil flowing and the metal expansion going.

The Piston needs heat to expand the metal, so it can cover the gap between the cylinder walls and the piston. You're going to fuck up your car if you don't warm up.

uhhh these... your oil is thick and has the consistency of syrup when its real cold, you warm the car to warm the oil so it freely goes through your engine. with that said, fuck the environment, my cars health is much more important lol.

The Piston needs heat to expand the metal, so it can cover the gap between the cylinder walls and the piston. You're going to fuck up your car if you don't warm up.

No the pistons never fill the gap. That is what the piston rings are for.

Warm your car up if you have a turbo or super charger. Or if you just like getting into a toasty car with defrosted windows in winter.

Back