Well, I'm pregnant.

boy names: max powers (goddamit ventrue), maximus/maximilian, ryu, antonio, axel, xander, zachary, matthew/matt, hannibal, slobadon, bobby/randy, luke

girl names: nevaeh, mary jane, tiffany/ashley, marcy, juno, kazumi, lola, aubrey, sara

ambivalent names: chris, artemis, jean, riley, val

massive props if u name ur kid zer for the lols

are you just nervous about miscarriage, or are you nervous about being a parent?

we had a rather accidental pregnancy after years of being together--i was 39, my wife was 35. we had just moved a month ahead of the birth, and we had no family with us.

but there were no complications, just the usual stress of being new parents. and i have to be honest, i found it very stressful. and my wife did too--no social networks, friends, family, except for early visits.

i hope all the best for you. two pieces of advice: 1) while pregnant, listen to your doctor and stay off the web. you'll be stressed if you're worried about things and reading forums or googling this or that anxiety; 2) as a mother stay off the web. and don't worry about breast feeding or any other supposed expectations youhave. find a pediatrician who is supportive and flexible. Ours suggested moving the baby out of the room ASAP at 6 months (no one is getting good sleep, he said) and he also urged my stressed out wife to stop pumping/attempting to breast feed when she was struggling. sometimes nowadays there is social pressure to do things a certain way. IMO, a happy mommy=happy baby. do what you need to do.

I'm sorry to hear that. My mother had one before I was born and my aunt as well. I can't imagine what it feels like to go through it. I hope you find comfort with your family in this hard time

Sorry to hear :(

I'm sure lots of people have a similar story as I do...my mom had a miscarriage before my little sister was born. My little sister (the last of us siblings) is the best in every way amongst us siblings. Smartest, hardest working, most social, most successful, etc... My little sister would have never been born if my mom nevet miscarried because she had planned to have her tubes tied after one more child.

My wife and I just had our first. I'm 35 and my wife is 36.

Congrats on the upcoming addition Nonsense!!!

Boy Name - Nixon
Girl Name - Lennox

I'm so very sorry to hear about this, Nonsense. There's nothing that we can say that's going to ease the pain of this horrible tragedy... Just know that everyone here is behind you and supports you. And we're here if you need us.

May your first child be a masculine child.

My condolences, I'm sad to hear that you had to experience this tragedy.

I hope that things are going well otherwise and that the people around you support you through this.

Congratulations!

Boy: Thorin, Thor, Odin...

Girl: Eowyn, Diana, Artemisia

Ignore this I'm very sorry

My wife and I just had our first. I'm 35 and my wife is 36.

Congrats on the upcoming addition Nonsense!!!

Boy Name - Nixon
Girl Name - Lennox

Lennox is a huge manly heavyweight boxers name.

500px-Assassinshottykb2.jpg

congratulations...

This. Watch out for assassins.

Also names..

Boy: Jeff Sherwood
Girl: Jeff Sherwood

You guys are really amazing.

I feel such an overwhelming combination of emotions.

Sad, obviously. So so sad.

Guilty, because was it my fault? Did I run when I shouldn't have? Could I have eaten better?

Silly, because I was only 9 weeks...is it even ok to be so sad?

Embarrassed, because I told so many people - friends and colleagues - and now I have to tell them all that I miscarried after having been so excited and the thought of doing those rounds is excruciating.

Relieved, because I was so scared I was going to get my auto-immune disease back that I got when I was pregnant with my daughter.

Guilty again, at the teeny bit of relief I feel.

Angry, because fuck the universe.

Disgusting, because there is a little tiny dead baby inside me right now.

So sad. I feel it was a boy.

However far in the pregnancy was doesn't matter. It's okay for you to be sad. I don't know about you needing to feel guilty, but I'm sorry you have to go through this.

So sorry to hear that Nonsense...

Congrats. I love prego sex. PM me.

I'm 35. Nervous as hell.

I'm not getting all excited yet because I have had two early miscarriages in the past.

But still. It's something else seeing that second line darken on the pregnancy test.

So...name ideas? Thoughts? Anything?

Congratulations. You'll be fine. Names are fun. I'm thinking Hoss (no middle name) for a boy and for a girl something like Sugar Plum.

Guilty, because was it my fault? Did I run when I shouldn't have? Could I have eaten better?

Silly, because I was only 9 weeks...is it even ok to be so sad?

Yes, it's perfectly normal to be so sad over a tragedy. This is a tragedy, but it's NOT good to feel guilty. These things happen without any reason whatsoever.

And don't feel fearful about becoming pregnant. It's extremely common for women to have a miscarriage or two, and then have as many kids as they wanted.

Dwelling on the possible reasons, or guilt, have NO positive results.

Very sorry, there's too many pages on here and I missed the whole story. Very sorry to hear what happened and my best wishes. Stay strong,

Congratulations. My suggestion for a name is Giblert.

It's funny how I spelt it wrong and it autocorrected.

Sorry to hear of your loss Non, stay strong.

My thoughts are with you and your fella.

Rest in peace Baby Non

That's awesome! Great to hear since I know you've been trying. Avoid feminism threads imo.

I'm very sorry to just now hear of your loss. Don't blame you for not going to work either. For you, I have no doubt it's a loss as profound as any other, and that you may encounter those who don't understand that. Just take the time that you need and try to help those closest to you to understand so they can help you. Take care.

Fuck, I'm sorry. I don't know you well but if you want to chat I'm a pm away.

Back