Well boys, back to rehab for me

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by CrimsonFan, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Bushpig Man. Myth. Moustache. Platinum Member

Meh

2. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

We already know what it is bro.... you were plugging weed up your ass.

3. all caps Gold Belt

Do it bro

4. sweetviolenturg Red Belt Professional Fighter

I hope you have a very happy birthday, bro & that you find the strength to apply your all to rehab as soon as you find one. Until then, take it easy, man & don't overdo it.

Peace.

5. Bushpig Man. Myth. Moustache. Platinum Member

Really?

6. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

It isn't quitting drinking, it is making your body feel better. Take time to just visualize your body actually feeling good and in sync, just a cauldron of bile, stomach acid, inflammation of your organs and tissue. Vizualize breathing easy without pain with each breath. Doesn't that sound nice? Breathe and think about that for a hour straight.

If you feel the need to drink, sprint for 5-10 minutes and the physical feeling to use will pass, and Visualize again, and breathe.

Saying you are quitting something is much harder than DOING something

THEfightsAREfixed likes this.
  7. scorpipede -M-O-I-S-T-

That guy's a moron. Do the things that the people who have been through it themselves suggest. There's a lot of wisdom to draw from. Good luck.

8. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

Lol I feel you man but i dont think you get it. Theres no closing my eyes and visually making this better. I will violently vomit 6 hours after my last drink. Every single time. And i will continue to do so and shake violently until I have a drink. Theres levels to this shit and I'm alot further than anyone should ever be.

TheNinja likes this.
  9. Low Test With da Best Fife Island Platinum Member

Real talk I would give up my next bday wish to grant you sobriety. It will be my next bday wish.

Happy Birthday sherbro, hope this one gets you out with your shit dealt with!

CrimsonFan likes this.
  10. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

Then go to the ER and get librium. Be admitted, stabilize and keep that visualization through that process and find clarity. An ER cannot reject you and if they do not admit you, repeat the process the next day and they will realize it will save them money to admit you.

11. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

Not horrible advice. I've been pretty scared of Covid tbh and havent wanted to go to an actual ER. My body is super weak and I'm probably high risk.

In a normal time I would probably do that.

I need gabapentin and it's so dumb the way the world works that I have to go spend 7 grand to get it. If I get over this shit I'm gonna make it my goal to inform people of how fucked up the recovery programs are and how they take advantage of addicts and their families for profit because they are desperate and dying.

12. cottagecheesefan Gold Belt

Honestly, gabapentin is quite mild, even 300mg three times a day is nothing like librium, Keppr, etc.

Plus it should be cheap. If a place is trying to charge you thousands for it, especially a rehab, which I assume is state run or non-profit, you need to file a complaint/grievance with the state.

I do wish you the best tho, it truly is a hard spot. Not trying to minimize the situation at all

13. forum poster Brown Belt

Have you tried naltrexone and the Sinclair method?

14. TheNinja Gold Belt

Sounds like you definitely need medical help for detox. I have always been able to get Librium and use it at home and it works well for me. But my drinking tends to be like 2-4 weeks off and then 1 week of straight up HARD drinking and then a few Librium and a week recovery. In the past through I drank for like 2 years straight and needed medical help to detox.

How long have you been drinking straight without stopping if I may ask? How old are you if I may ask? Just a ballpark number is fine too. I'm just curious is all.

15. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

Just turned 31.

I drank every day from 19-30.

Then I got sober earlier this year. Relapsed... and have been in it again for like 5 months now.

But in the last two months my daily intake is like 20ish drinks a day. Some days more some less. I would say that's average. Like for example I couldn't sleep last night and waited until 7am so I could go buy wine.. drank 6 glasses of 13.5 percent chard and then went to sleep for like 6 hours (at 11 am) woke up and bought a bottle of 750ml 40 proof vodka and I'm gonna drink every sip. Its 1 am now so I will probably sleep here after its all gone (maybe 5 shots at this point). Rinse and repeat.

I dont really think you can get worse than me

I tried getting some xanax from street folk like twice now because I know benzos can keep you having a seizure... but I'm a drug addict so then I get barred out and wind up just drinking on it.

I took my dogs phenobarbital a few times to deal with my withdrawls. But he needs them or he will sieze up as hes a 15 year old lab.

I'm boned. Theres no other way around it

Gonna spend every dime I have and go to sober living. So stupid but I dont see any other way out for me.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    TheNinja likes this.
  16. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

No but I will look it up. I dont have medical insurance so I dont know how to go about this. Advice is appreciated though

17. forum poster Brown Belt

It's by far the most proven alcohol abuse intervention. It's an opiate blocker you take 1 hour before you start drinking that blocks some, but not all of the Europhia alcoholics get from drinking. So you gradually just naturally reduce your drinking without the need to stop drinking or go to rehab and withdraw.

Naltrexone is fairly easy to get online. It's relatively cheap compared to rehab. alldaychemist.com sell it.

If you want to read about it "The cure for alcoholism" by Roy Eskapa is the book to get. Sounds like just another generic quackery book but it's legit.

Check out https://cthreefoundation.org/the-sinclair-method or watch the One little Pill

18. TheNinja Gold Belt

Hang in there man! Us alcoholics do stupid shit all the time. I drank usually only weekends and not typically blackout drunk from like 19-33ish. I'd have times where I'd get sick or blackout but didn't drink daily. Probably 4 times a week. But then I kept going down and down and eventually drank everyday heavily from 33-40 or so.
    Went to rehab been going back and forth between sober for 2-3 weeks and drunk for a week straight. I'm a vodka guy and would end up going days without eating as well. I fucked up my organs it seems like :(.

Sounds like you are in a tough spot but many people have been where you are and have come back and lived a happy normal sober life! You know better than anyone that you just gotta get detoxed first and sounds like you may want medical help. Have you had seizures before?

I can't really give advice. I've been going to AA on Zoom daily which sometimes helps sometimes makes me want to drink even more!! heh.

Definitely don't mix the benzos and booze man!! I"m sure you are aware but that combo can be deadly! Can shut your whole cardiovascular and lungs down b/c they are both depressants. It's kind of like 1+1=5 in this case b/c of how they interact. But you probably know that. Sounds like the safest is to drink to stay alive/safe (which sounds weird to non alcholics) until you can get help.

You could always try to taper off and that will allow you to get clean and do it safely. Even if you are having 20 drinks a day, just cut out 2 drinks per day and in 10 days you'll be sober. BUT for alcoholics it rarely works b/c we can't taper. We just get tanked and keep drinking.

fingercuffs likes this.
  19. CrimsonFan Gold Belt

No bullshit I will look into it. If I can dig myself out of this without having to waste my family's money and mine that would be awesome.

And to other posters in this thread. I agree rehab is a sham but once you get so desperate you dont really have other options.

forum poster likes this.
  20. fingercuffs raw sandwich lover Platinum Member

I sincerely wish you the best of luck, mate. I really hope it works out for you. Much praise blah blah words which don't hold much gravity but I hope it all goes well for you.