Welfare rats, are they red or blue?

Disabled rate x unemployment rate x poverty rate x food stamps = lotta crippled w/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s workin' to stay po.

even most of the conservative posters here wouldn't call food stamp recipients "welfare rats,"

Completely depends on the reason. Vast, vast majority in my opinion are simply poverty level folks using the governmental assistance programs as intended

There are some exceptions where I think "welfare rats" is a appropriate insult to use, but it's on individual cases of the reasons why they're on assistance and staying there. Reason I'm saying this is because there are a few Welfare Rats in my extended family that even you would agree are taking advantage of the situation and certainly could work (they admit it when they get to family gatherings), and are choosing not to and actually spending a lot, lot of time making sure they stay on welfare because it's easier to live in a slub for free giving you more time to shoot up and drink and gamble. They're basically proud that they live in a shit aparterment for free, get money for whatever disability they manged to fake (going after the rare DR. who writes "back pain" willy nilly whenever someone comes in they have a gift of finding), and know the places to go to use food stamps to buy cigs and booze. They'll brag about it, and complain it's getting harder to do. No joke

Again, talking maybe 1-5% of them at most. But they certainly exist, and I'm related to about 6 of them :/ Thankfully CPS took the kids away from my cousin. She didn't even bother trying to get them back.

Double post. Mod please delete

What's hilarious is that the 4 cities in CA belong to counties that vote Republican.

I'm pretty sure there is little overlap between people in those counties who vote and those that take benefits.

The problem is the conservatards have deluded themselves into believing only "libruls" get free stuff from Govt. against all facts.

It's twisting to break anything like that by state even by county is a stretch. Then you could break it down by city and then break the city down.

1280px-2016_Nationwide_US_presidential_county_map_shaded_by_vote_share.svg.png

Minorities receive help at a higher rate but due to the "white" being the majority there are more white on welfare.

Yes we need reform to weed out those gaming the system but I'm not ready to throw out the baby with the bath water.

We need to help the working poor and that's something that starts when they are very young and making education a top push including trade schools.

To "fix" the abusers we need better enforcement and much stiffer penalties.

There are good people working hard that need help nd there are "rats".

We need to trap the rats.

You guys know that there are democrats in states that Trump won, right?

Welfare is everyone's problem.

It doesn't matter. And regardless of if they're "red or blue," the term "welfare rats" is fucked up, especially in use by someone who considers themselves an economic populist. I get that you're probably using the term with your tongue in your cheek, but I would suppose (as I am an endlessly hopeful man) that even most of the conservative posters here wouldn't call food stamp recipients "welfare rats," outside of devoted right-libertarian ideologues and particularly hateful posters like Byron Carter or Bloodworth.

Agreed. Why let the worst people dictate the thinking about the issue, even if you're trying to make a point against them?

And the question of why 20% of households are on government assistance is less a matter of moral or political persuasion, and more a reflection of the nature of a 21st century economy: individual labor, particularly of persons without specialized degrees, is less valuable than at any point before, while economic productivity per capita is nevertheless at an all-time high. So, the most efficient method of income distribution and the method which causes the least market distortion is through the government.

This I don't agree with. Poverty--here and all over the developed world, and at all times since we've been developed--is about non-workers more than about low wages. Pre-transfer poverty rates in the developed world are mostly about the percentage of the population that falls into non-worker groups (children, elderly, disabled being the big ones--the unemployed varying). Post-transfer poverty rates are primarily about how much the gov't does to help non-workers. And productivity increases raise the value of labor.

You guys know that there are democrats in states that Trump won, right?

Trump is everyone's problem.

Seano has an unlikely way of making me agree with him. He talks sense.

Ive lived in both Goldsboro NC and Sumter SC. coincidentally, both cities house significant military bases. Seymour Johnson and Shaw respectively. because of this both towns are completely centered around service industries for the personnel at those bases and none of those jobs pay for shit. There is fuck all in either one of those po'dunk southern shitholes other than redneck bars, walmart, and chain restaurants.

We should call all poor people welfare rats at every chance we get, to dilute the dog whistle effect.

We should start using the term "welfare squirrel" to change the perception of recipients. Because, while they are both rodents, people find squirrels far more appealing than rats. I think it has something to do with the adorably fluffy tail.

We should start using the term "welfare squirrel" to change the perception of recipients. Because, while they are both rodents, people find squirrels far more appealing than rats. I think it has something to do with the adorably fluffy tail.

Perhaps though, instead of partisanship, we should be asking why 1 in 5 people throughout the country, are on food stamps.

Because that 1/5th are people of color.

(I can provide multiple sources from Stormfront if you don't believe me.)

There are people out there who aren't smart enough to do most any jobs, or if they can they are genetically parasitical in nature and lazy.

The fact that we pay these people to fuck and replicate themselves causes them to multiply. Essentially we're creating a whole underclass of retards and deadbeats.

Back