Welcome Gilbert "Durinho" Burns

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just signed with the UFC.

For those who watch TUF, he He was the head grappling coach of Team Vitor on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil.

So he got Grappling, KO power and has great BJJ (he's 3x Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion).

Should be a great addition to the UFC!

Sweet. I've heard very good things about Burns. Very interested in seeing him fight, just based on his record alone he seems like he could be very different to the BJJ fighters we usually see coming in to the UFC.

Seen some of his fights on youtube, he's good. Super advanced BJJ but he's content with standing. He trains with Vitor and the Blackzilians. Great addition to LW.

Parabens!!!

Great signing, Burns is a fight finishing machine. KO power and killer submissions.

Another great signing, UFC killing it with the prospect signings.

"I will fight at 170 now as a promise to my doctor," he said. "My doctor Rodrigo Mauro told me that I would fight better at 170, but I want to be a lightweight. I want to be the man at 155. I will do this fight at 170 first, and then we’ll see if I can cut down to 155."

Burns told MMAFighting.com that he will make his UFC debut in the United States in July, but is still waiting for the exact date and the name of his opponent.

"I want to fight in California on July 26 (at UFC on FOX 12)," he said. "Anthony Johnson and Michael Johnson are fighting there, so we’ll see."

A multiple time jiu-jitsu champion with wins over the likes of Kron Gracie and JT Torres, Burns made his MMA debut in 2012 with a first-round submission victory over Jose Salgado in George, Utah.

The Blackzilians product stopped all of his next six opponents with first-round finishes. In his last appearance, Burns needed 62 seconds to defeat Paulo Teixeira at Face to Face 7 on May 2.

Doritos_at_Hempfest.jpg

Back