Welcome back to the Machida Era !

the machida era lasted 1 fight. well not even that because even that one title defense he had should have been a loss. so really the machida era was as long as the matt serra era... sorry but until he proves he can dominate at 205 theres no such thing as the machida era.

I didn't say that he deserved an instant title shot, even though it was a dick move by Dana to promise him a one and then deny him, it's just that one guy gets derailed and i would like to see both fight Jones. Machida did lose, but he did better than most who have fought Jones. It's a much better fight than Jones vs Belfort or Sonnen.

how so? rampage at least lasted longer than 2 rounds... rashad went to a decision.
vitor almost caught a sub, bonnar went to a decision.
machida caught jones off balance with a glancing shot in the first round and still lost the round.

ok lemme rephrase

i dont see any LHW fighters beating JJ for a long time

Well with that i fully agree.

how so? rampage at least lasted longer than 2 rounds... rashad went to a decision.
vitor almost caught a sub, bonnar went to a decision.
machida caught jones off balance with a glancing shot in the first round and still lost the round.

Rashad did ok i guess, but Rampage just stood there flat-footed, eating shots to his knees. Machida had a good first round against Jones, no matter how you score that round.

I don't know what the point of bringing up Bonnar was though, that was like 4 years ago and Jones has improved immensely since then.

Back