Weirdest KO, Travis Lutter vs Marvin Eastman

If you zoom in on this it looks it kinda landed between the nose and mouth area.. maybe right on the bridge of the nose.

definitely not a dive.

39835011_209564119918351_6718807569529307136_n.png

He did but it the velocity on punch and Chuck movement was minimal....and you'd think he got hit by a bat by the way he went down and flat out blank look on his face.

Yeah, he had plenty of practice, sadly.

this was always suspect to me.

2i6hvnm.jpg

Cracked orbital. I've never experienced one, but I suppose it can hurt. Better would be if he'd gone down, and then the camera panned over to focus on Dana, nodding with ruthless approval while accepting a stack of cash from an unknown man sitting beside him.

I've watched this replay so many times and I'm still to this day not convinced that Lutter's punch even landed.

tumblr_n5sfge0fKq1sdqajoo2_400.gif

Trust me this was real. I was at the card in AC when it happen. There wasn't a person in the arena that thought that was remotely fixed....he hit Eastman flush.

It was the first fight of the night and I remember slightly even hearing the punch hit.

It was a grazing shot, but the punch clearly landed. All you have to watch is Marvin's head bounce off the canvas to know he was out. And the fact that Lutter didn't follow up shows he knew he landed something.

lutterko.jpg

Ah the infamous phantom ko. I’ve been wondering as well but the explanation that he had multiple concussions prior makes sense.

It landed, it just somehow hit eastman on his cheekbone on the far side and definitely was not flush. Rumor was Eastman got KO'd bad just days before the fight sparring or something iirc.

Who's that guy in the white that stands up towards the end? He seems really despondent

Cracked orbital. I've never experienced one, but I suppose it can hurt. Better would be if he'd gone down, and then the camera panned over to focus on Dana, nodding with ruthless approval while accepting a stack of cash from an unknown man sitting beside him.

Or they just made that up to make his botched dive look more legit

I know a lot about it but I can't be bothered to go deep into it.

All I can say is watch the first round and see what they do, then with the phantom ghost punch you can come to your own conclusion.

So what are you saying?

Eastman took a dive?
If that was a dive then Eastman is truly a master of his craft. Usually when they do the wave followed by a nice slam of the head against the canvas they are really out cold. He is just an expert. Sapp should learn from his ways.

No one takes a dive and lets their head bounce of the canvas. Its against our evolution of survival...

I would say this back peddling, one footed, baby jab knocking out the “King of the Backyard Brawls” was weirder...
200.gif

It was a grazing shot, but the punch clearly landed. All you have to watch is Marvin's head bounce off the canvas to know he was out. And the fact that Lutter didn't follow up shows he knew he landed something.

lutterko.jpg
You’re the MVP for this one. Literally anyone saying it’s a fix can review this picture and realize that it was indeed true.
<mma4>

Back