Weird that jiu jitsu still isn't an Olympic sport

If grappling ever becomes olympic it will be the World United Wrestling version. First it's way more exciting than the ibjjf rules and second they got close ties to the olympic committee.

Let's be real as of today IBJJF matches are soporific 90% of the time. Plus nobody wants to see people doing this at the olympics :

BJJ guys have the least shame out of every single combat sport that exists. Butt scooting, 69ing other men, intense teabags. All with no shame.

It's considered a derivative sport(of Judo), so don't expect to see BJJ anytime soon in the olympics. Most of the combat sports at the Olympics are garbage quality anyway, especially taekwondo.

The issue is nobody can agree on a rule set. ADCC rules would be great imo.

Then it would be no-gi, which is more entertaining so it makes sense. But I feel like gi BJJ is the more traditional, classic style and it would be fucking weird to not include it while including no gi. And it would probably not work to have both styles.

Ultimately the Olympics are fucking dumb now anyway, they got ping pong and shit...fuck it

Then it would be no-gi, which is more entertaining so it makes sense. But I feel like gi BJJ is the more traditional, classic style and it would be fucking weird to not include it while including no gi. And it would probably not work to have both styles.

Ultimately the Olympics are fucking dumb now anyway, they got ping pong and shit...fuck it

Table tennis can be very entertaining and intense

Jiu Jitsu is not the same as BJJ.

And the Olympics isn't likely to allow any event that has a country's name in it - Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

bjj is cringe and was solved years ago. It was fun until everyone took 3 lessons and learned how to defend themselves againt subs

Table tennis isn't new to the Olympics, I remember watching it when I was in high school, which would have had to be the '84 Olympics.

I actually intended the rules to be applied to Gi and No Gi (shit if they olympics allow basketball and 3v3 basketball why not allow no gi and gi), just modified rules obviously for gi which allows you to grab the competitors clothing. Main thing I like about watching ADCC is the no points for the first 5 minutes allowing people to take more risk and not be penalised by somebody going for the 4/2 points on takedown. Also allowance of slamming when in submissions. I think this would help showcase a more combat ready BJJ which I suppose is debatable amongst practitioners but hey it's just my preference.

But yeah completely agree with your sentiment of the olympics. It's dumb as fuck and holds no historic value or at least as much as they try force feed the public. Bring on a professional league which pays athletes IMO and not hide under the guise of national pride.

Skateboarding is alright. But there's many ridiculous "sports" that should be cut from the olympics like artistic swimming, archery, equestrian, fencing, modern pentathlon and shooting. These things are not even real sports.
Some of those sports have roots in martial arts, and were used in wars. They developed skills that were useful in battle. Of course, a skate board could also be used to chase the enemy, and then smash their head in with it.

Some of those sports have roots in martial arts, and were used in wars. They developed skills that were useful in battle. Of course, a skate board could also be used to chase the enemy, and then smash their head in with it.
he's got to be trolling... he just named like half of the sports derived from actual combat training.

I would like to see them make slinging and horseback archery a sport though, perhaps quarter staff as well.

Back