Weird that jiu jitsu still isn't an Olympic sport

There are plenty of boring sports, I don't think they're basing their decision on that. Taekwondo looks pretty weird and awkward in the Olympics, for instance. They even changed Judo's rules to make it more boring.
The Olympics were about to cut wrestling out of their events because it’s pretty bad entertainment from a casual’s viewpoint.

A person that was born a man will compete against women. Can't wait to see the future of the olympics. Boxing, Muay Thai & JJ will be insane in the "womens" category.

A person that was born a man will compete against women. Can't wait to see the future of the olympics. Boxing, Muay Thai & JJ will be insane in the "womens" category.
What the fuck are you talking about

If skate boarding is an Olympic sport, MMA, BJJ and SEX should be too.

Skateboarding is alright. But there's many ridiculous "sports" that should be cut from the olympics like artistic swimming, archery, equestrian, fencing, modern pentathlon and shooting. These things are not even real sports.

As a grappler I'm not sure I want it as an Olympic sport, I like it as it is now and the Olympics has the potential to change it.

Plus just about everybody would fail the drug tests lol.

Or they would pass like most there Olympians cough cough

If it was going to happen it would surely have been when the Games went to Rio, in the same way Judo got in at the Tokyo Games and Taekwondo at Seoul. Personally I hope mma never makes it to the Olympics, even though Pankration was part of the ancient Games.

I realise Olympic testing isn't as rigorous as it could be, but I'm still not sure they could get Andre Galvao past it.

fb3f3676e68385cc81c1e5e446f23dd5.jpg

Yeah tons of BJJ guys are definitely using and shit for sure. But a ton of athletes pass in the olympics due to corruption or just designer drugs that aren't even tested for or have retarded short half-lifes.

fb3f3676e68385cc81c1e5e446f23dd5.jpg

Yeah tons of BJJ guys are definitely using and shit for sure. But a ton of athletes pass in the olympics due to corruption or just designer drugs that aren't even tested for or have retarded short half-lifes.

lol fair enough, in BJJ they should test to make sure that you're using PEDs anyway.

Nobody that is at the top of BJJ would beat the needle

Olympic test for PEDs... I know there is ways around it but most BJJ competitors are juiced to the gills.

ratings are important to the IOC, BJJ is like two snails fucking, noone will want to watch that.
as opposed to badminton and artistic swimming

ratings powerhouses

Back