Weird situation lol

Dubz13

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hypothetical question. You've trained primarily under a particular coach for 5 plus years, were an assistant instructor, did all the various things one is supposed to as far as training, closing the place down, had a winning fight record, helped people etc. Get hurt requiring surgery while sparring. Dont hear from the coach one time post surgery (its been 2 plus months). Would you a)still go back to this particular coach or
B) join a different gym

Hypothetical question. You've trained primarily under a particular coach for 5 plus years, were an assistant instructor, did all the various things one is supposed to as far as training, closing the place down, had a winning fight record, helped people etc. Get hurt requiring surgery while sparring. Dont hear from the coach one time post surgery (its been 2 plus months). Would you a)still go back to this particular coach or
B) join a different gym
First post, lol.
Welcome to the War Room, you appear to have lost your way already.

That's where I'm leaning lol. Was just looking for reaffirmation or if I was being dramatic.

If you got seriously hurt at work and no one bothered to reach out i would assume they were worried about litigation being brought against them but that might just be my suspicious mind.

If you got seriously hurt at work and no one bothered to reach out i would assume they were worried about litigation being brought against them but that might just be my suspicious mind.
you know waivers have been signed at the beginning etc. I've been hurt there before as well. Hes knows I'm hurt and what happened because I informed him about it. Now I'm more so like damn, I feel played lol.

What do you need your coach for

What are you looking for. Being part of a gym. A career. Hobby. Lifestyle

In any case it is "dirty" for him not to call you.

I personally just would want to get better at the sport at the gym

Its kickboxing. I've learned probably as much as I can from this particular person. I really need to do more bjj anyways because I was looking at getting back into mma fighting. Was looking to get into coaching as well since that was my next promotion. Now just looking at training else where lol

B) join a different gym

FWIW, I also think B.....

Depends on how close you are to the coach and how good the training is.
If you are really off put that your coach doesn’t seem to care about you as much as you thought, maybe even using you, and you are confident you can find a better gym with better teammates and coaches… I say, why not switch?

Basically he started his own gym 4 years ago or so. I was one of his first students at this new gym. I knew him from being a striking coach at another bjj gym where I trained under him. I was one of the only fighters to fight out of this particular for a good couple years and definitely the most consistent. Did alot of teaching etc. As far as striking I don't know if I could really get a better place but if I wanna improve my bjj then I could definitely go elsewhere and still get adequate striking training as well. I mean we were close (I thought lol). Did cookouts, birthdays etc. Hell he was asking me to teach kids class a week prior to my injury, haven't heard from him since lol

Back