Weird how people take away from cowboy

He had some pretty legit wins at welterweight. To just say hes a lightweight that had no success at 170 is rude. He wasnt elite at 170 but he was definitely a welterweight as well. He beat story, medeiros, Cote and Olivier at 170. And his losses were to solid guys like Till, who's a 185er now, Jorge, Lawler and Edwards

Dont shit on cowboy just to shit on conor. He was a solid 170 pounder

Average fighter because he lost to people in top 10/top 5? I don't think you know what average means

Its also weird how people don't understand how time and wear and tear works.

I did. You suggest that because Cowboy used to be solid at 170 we should somehow not see the Conor fight for what it was.

Hmm, i thought I was pretty clear but I was tlaking about people who said Cerrone wasn't a welterweight and he was just a lightweight fighting up to fight Conor
Let’s be real here. Cerrone has always fought guys that are pretty high level. and he’s still had a lot of great KOs, subs etc. he’s done it in multiple weight classes, and he’s certainly decorated. He’s a guy who’s taken on top 10 guys for most of his career, and still has a solid record. But that’s not who he is right now. He’s got a new kid on the way, he’s accomplished just about everything he will accomplish, and he’s not a scalp that should quadruple your stock. We’re people calling for tony to get a TS after Cerrone? YES. Was it less dominant then Conors win? YES, but he also had a 10-12 fight win streak going in addition to that.

I don’t care if conor took this fight as a tune up, I won’t knock McGregor for that, but let’s not pretend cowboy was the hard fight. It WAS a tune up fight. And he passed with flying colors. He looked amazing. But it was a tune up fight

Last edited:
I don't take away from Cowboy, he had good fights and only lost to elite fighters. But whatever that was on Saturday was some bullshit

Welcome to no criticism land where everything is rainbows and cupcakes .

Stop crying like a bitch when someone performs like shit and people rightly criticise them for it.

Welcome to no criticism land where everything is rainbows and cupcakes .

Stop crying like a bitch when someone performs like shit and people rightly criticise them for it.

welcome to sherdog where people don't have reading comprehension. you'll fit right in

Isn't this the usual? Before the fight "I think X might take it because A, B, C" threads followed by "X was always a bum" threads after a loss.

I said I would bet on myself against McGregor before I would throw down money on Cowboy to win that fight. Cerrone would also beat the shit out of me but I had this weird feeling he was going to lay down like a sick dog and do absolutely nothing. I should have bet my entire bank account on a Conor first round tko. Goddammit.

Meh. Do you consider Conor a WW? I mean, he has more fights there than he does at LW.
I think we have seen a new version of WW Conor. His physical build compared to the diaz fights was drastic. Much more built. Lats were huge. Looked shredded, with lots of extra muscle in the upper body.

I believe it was entirely intentional. I think you have to prepare for 5 rounds vs Diaz. All that extra muscle will make you pay rounds 3-5.

But seeing that he has the ability to swing like that at WW was pretty cool

welcome to sherdog where people don't have reading comprehension. you'll fit right in
Says the guy that assumes people are shitting on cowboy because of Connor, you're retarded.

Cowboy turned into Barry horowitz for the Conor fight. His job was just to take offense and get a check.

Exactly, like last fight against Justin he was a world beater but a few months later against Conor he was never any good and always a bum!

Let’s be real here. Cerrone has always fought guys that are pretty high level. and he’s still had a lot of great KOs, subs etc. he’s done it in multiple weight classes, and he’s certainly decorated. He’s a guy who’s taken on top 10 guys for most of his career, and still has a solid record. But that’s not who he is right now. He’s got a new kid on the way, he’s accomplished just about everything he will accomplish, and he’s not a scalp that should quadruple your stock. We’re people calling for tony to get a TS after Cerrone? YES. Was it less dominant then Conors win? YES, but he also had a 10-12 fight win streak going in addition to that.

I don’t care if conor took this fight as a tune up, but not let’s pretend cowboy was the hard fight. It WAS a tune up fight. And he passed with flying colors. He looked amazing. But it was a tune up fight

This is pretty spot on..

No need to shit on cowboy and no need to light the conor is back beacons..

Apparently you're right. Someone in another thread said they didn't understand how some fans wanted Cerrone to step in against Conor back when Nate got the first fight yet criticize Cerrone getting the fight now. His rationale was Cerrone was coming off a first round loss back then too.

At that time, Cerrone's only loss in his last 10 fights was to RDA when he took a shot to the liver and folded in the first round. He was still in reasonable fight shape to step in on short notice. Instead the UFC does what it always does for Conor and went with "Cabo-Nate". It just backfired on them

Four years later, Cowboy had lost 6 of 10 and been stopped in 5 of them, including the last two within 7 months before the UFC fed him to Conor. Most people expected the result.

I said I would bet on myself against McGregor before I would throw down money on Cowboy to win that fight. Cerrone would also beat the shit out of me but I had this weird feeling he was going to lay down like a sick dog and do absolutely nothing. I should have bet my entire bank account on a Conor first round tko. Goddammit.
Yeah I had that feeling but as I am not a betting man the only thing I did was not bother to watch the fight

I feel vindicated.

Yeah I had that feeling but as I am not a betting man the only thing I did was not bother to watch the fight

I feel vindicated.
Same here. I just knew Conor having a war with him wasn't going to be good enough. He had to take him out in devastating fashion that was more impressive than both Ferg and Gaethje. Anything less wouldve been a loss. The way Cerrone acted before the fight it was a forgone conclusion. I bet a lot of people made bank betting a shitload on Conor for a first round tko. That was one of the easiest fights in history to call. No way was McGregor's comeback going to be ruined. It was a given.

He had some pretty legit wins at welterweight. To just say hes a lightweight that had no success at 170 is rude. He wasnt elite at 170 but he was definitely a welterweight as well. He beat story, medeiros, Cote and Olivier at 170. And his losses were to solid guys like Till, who's a 185er now, Jorge, Lawler and Edwards

Dont shit on cowboy just to shit on conor. He was a solid 170 pounder

Your last part nailed it TS - it is the hate people have for Conor that is causing them to shit on Cowboy. They were hoping to shit on Conor if he lost, and because he didn't, they need somewhere to unleash it on

Back