Weird how people take away from cowboy

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
He had some pretty legit wins at welterweight. To just say hes a lightweight that had no success at 170 is rude. He wasnt elite at 170 but he was definitely a welterweight as well. He beat story, medeiros, Cote and Olivier at 170. And his losses were to solid guys like Till, who's a 185er now, Jorge, Lawler and Edwards

Dont shit on cowboy just to shit on conor. He was a solid 170 pounder

I'll shit on him all I want for that shitty performance. I dont care what weightclass it was he fought a smaller guy and didnt even get to attempt one strike. Cowboy is normally amazing and one of the most exciting fighters ever. Hes better than that but again he shit the bed hard and rolled in it and slept there.

He had some pretty legit wins at welterweight. To just say hes a lightweight that had no success at 170 is rude. He wasnt elite at 170 but he was definitely a welterweight as well. He beat story, medeiros, Cote and Olivier at 170. And his losses were to solid guys like Till, who's a 185er now, Jorge, Lawler and Edwards

Dont shit on cowboy just to shit on conor. He was a solid 170 pounder

He's been stopped 3 times in under 8 months. He's gone on skids before but this could be basically the end of Cowboy as a top fighter in the UFC.

If he decided to take a year off, I'd have more confidence in his ability to remain near the top of the sport, but that's not how he rolls.

A few years ago I'd might have favoured him.

But we are talking about the past - the cowboy that was in with conor saturday would lose to everyone he beat at 170 just as easily as he lost to conor.

he was a hand picked "big name" opponent who was sacrificed to get the hyperbole train for conor back on track and full steam ahead.

Look at Conor's new hat...I love the lockers in the background too.smart.png

Was. That was then, this is now.

Its also weird how people don't understand how time and wear and tear works.

I did. You suggest that because Cowboy used to be solid at 170 we should somehow not see the Conor fight for what it was.

Hmm, i thought I was pretty clear but I was tlaking about people who said Cerrone wasn't a welterweight and he was just a lightweight fighting up to fight Conor

Average fighter because he lost to people in top 10/top 5? I don't think you know what average means
Exactly. WTF it's average? Is it average to be a UFC legend with multiple records? People are so hard up to hate on Conor they are willing to trash a guy like Cerrone. Pathetic.

A lot of us have been waiting for the day where Cowboy finally began his decline with all those miles on him.

It became clear after the Gaethje fight. Cerrone had a nice last-gasp with some wins over 2nd-tier competition in Iaquinta and Hernandez but ultimately father time takes all

Hmm, i thought I was pretty clear but I was tlaking about people who said Cerrone wasn't a welterweight and he was just a lightweight fighting up to fight Conor
Meh. Do you consider Conor a WW? I mean, he has more fights there than he does at LW.

I did. You suggest that because Cowboy used to be solid at 170 we should somehow not see the Conor fight for what it was.

He suggested that People are calling Cerrone a LW to discredit McGregor..

Back