*Weili Zhang Vs Rose Namajunas: Who would get it?*

I think Zhang is gonna be champ for quite some time.

I don't think she can outstrike her though...the girl was shown sparring with the greatest muay tai fighter who ever lived...forget his name...but this chick is a monster compared to other females...

She had an exhibition spar with Saenchai for the cameras, like literally 10,000 other people who've been to his seminars. 10 minutes of playing around with him in the ring doesn't magically transfer his skills over to her.

The skills which Zhang has actually demonstrated in the cage are nowhere near what folks keep claiming she has. She's yet to show the pressuring & cage cutting footwork needed to deal with someone like Rose, and she's yet to hurt anyone who didn't run face first into her fists in full Ronda style. She's a good fighter no doubt, but too many folks are already giving her mythical unbeatable status much like they did with Holly when she beat Ronda. How'd that one turn out? Let's wait till after the Joanna fight before we get carried away.

Rose has better movement, better boxing fundamentals, and better BJJ skill. However, Zhang has significant advantages with power and overall conditioning. imo Zhang beats her.

If Weili beats Joanna and faces Rose, who got your money?
Rose beat Joanna twice and was schooling Andrade before the slam. Do you believe she could do the same to Zhang?

Rose and Weili are my two favorite female fighters. And this is the most interesting WMMA match up I can imagine.

I could see it going either way.

Both are well-rounded fighters.

Rose has about an inch of height and reach advantage over Weili, but Joanna has more height and reach than Rose, and we are assuming here that Weili beats Joanna, so we are also assuming that Weili handles having a height and reach disadvantage well.

Rose has excellent boxing/footwork and BJJ, so I think these will make it a tough test for Weili.

I think Weili is stronger, hits harder, has better clinch fighting, and has more "killer instinct".

I'm inclined to give the edge to Weili.

are you forgetting that zhang destroyed andrade in like 2 minutes? and andrade, even before the slam, was starting to get to rose...rose would get stopped in under 3 rounds against zhang..probably round 2.

Andrade was starting to get to Rose? What? Rose was schooling her before the slam

Zhang seems capable of beating both into the living death .... at the same time.

...Suarez smashes both.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thankfully we have 2 very good WMMA fights ahead in Zhang vs Joanna and Andrade vs Rose 2

At this point I give the edge to Zhang based off aggression and power advantage which is essentially what cut down Rose in her last fight.

Luckily we will have a couple of great litmus tests coming soon for both fighters so we can all make a better determination for that outcome

Hard to call. I would definitely not put my money on that one. Lets not forget that Rose was a beast in our latest fights.
For those who think she is too weak mentally, she alway have been given her past. This weekness did not stop her from being the best of her division. Who knows, she might still be.

Hard to call. I would definitely not put my money on that one. Lets not forget that Rose was a beast in our latest fights.
For those who think she is too weak mentally, she alway have been given her past. This weekness did not stop her from being the best of her division. Who knows, she might still be.
Rose has no wins in last 2 years, it's easy to forget she was beast. And her best win is JJ, who, according to majority here, will be destroyed by Zhang (for whatever reason). Times change.

She had an exhibition spar with Saenchai for the cameras, like literally 10,000 other people who've been to his seminars. 10 minutes of playing around with him in the ring doesn't magically transfer his skills over to her.

The skills which Zhang has actually demonstrated in the cage are nowhere near what folks keep claiming she has. She's yet to show the pressuring & cage cutting footwork needed to deal with someone like Rose, and she's yet to hurt anyone who didn't run face first into her fists in full Ronda style. She's a good fighter no doubt, but too many folks are already giving her mythical unbeatable status much like they did with Holly when she beat Ronda. How'd that one turn out? Let's wait till after the Joanna fight before we get carried away.
Joanna is going to beat her

Rose is barely active. Zhang would x@#$$%% her.

That was the fight i was hoping for hope this fight would still happen. Second fight with Joanna vs Rose, Joanna landed a lot too but those strikes don't seem to affect Rose too much when Rose lands Joanna is visibility rocked and carry much more damage on her face. Weili will come in with a lot more power can Rose deal with it ? Weili is will be the hardest hitter Rose faced so far. Andrade had nothing for Rose on the feet before that slam and Weili blown her out of the water.

Andrade was starting to get to Rose? What? Rose was schooling her before the slam

watch the last couple of minutes...it's true, rose was definitely out boxing her, but andrade started getting in and was starting to really bully her around....I think if that slam didn't happen, something else would have happened...and the fight would have been stopped.

Back