*Weili Zhang Vs Rose Namajunas: Who would get it?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
If Weili beats Joanna and faces Rose, who got your money?

Rose beat Joanna twice and was schooling Andrade before the slam. Do you believe she could do the same to Zhang?

I'd give it to both of them.

Am I doing this right??

I'd give it to both of them.

Am I doing this right??

<mma4>

It wouldn't be the prettiest three-way, but it would surely be a thread worthy story for the sherbros.

Last edited:
I don't think Weili is as strong as Andrade, although it might be close. I'm sure though that Weili's wrestling isn't as good as Andrade's, so i think Rose would be the favourite.

EDIT: because i think Rose is the superior striker

Honestly Rose seems way too weakminded these days and Zhang looks a beast

Honestly Rose seems way too weakminded these days and Zhang looks a beast
This. The Rose that beat JJ I think would be a good bet against Weili. Current Rose? Weili would rightfully be a large favorite.

I think rose has decent chance against Zhang. I think rose can outstrike her ala JDS vs Carwin

I don´t think any of them beats Zhang.

I don't think Weili is as strong as Andrade, although it might be close. I'm sure though that Weili's wrestling isn't as good as Andrade's, so i think Rose would be the favourite.

Actually, i'll bet Zhang is stronger than Andrade and her grappling is way better.

Actually, i'll bet Zhang is stronger than Andrade and her grappling is way better.
I don't know, i have yet to see Weili pick her opponents up and slam them multiple times, be it the way Andrade did against Rose or the way she did it against Gadelha...

won't happen. Zhang Weili and Rose have the same manager.

Suarez smashes both.

If Weili beats Joanna and faces Rose, who got your money?

Rose beat Joanna twice and was schooling Andrade before the slam. Do you believe she could do the same to Zhang?

I think Zhang is way too aggressive, and hits way too hard for either rose or joanna...I pick her over both..while rose has good technical boxing..she's well schooled...zhang is a monster in comparison...she ran through the chick that slammed rose on her brain and ko'd her dead...neither rose nor joanna hit hard enough to keep this girl off of her...

are you forgetting that zhang destroyed andrade in like 2 minutes? and andrade, even before the slam, was starting to get to rose...rose would get stopped in under 3 rounds against zhang..probably round 2.

I think rose has decent chance against Zhang. I think rose can outstrike her ala JDS vs Carwin

I don't think she can outstrike her though...the girl was shown sparring with the greatest muay tai fighter who ever lived...forget his name...but this chick is a monster compared to other females...

Well I’ve seen welei fight once and the girl she fought who was a champion. Just crumbled and quit from ouch. Getting hit hurts.

against rose who is bar none the most fragile fughter ive ever seen in 40 years of prizefighting.

so I would go with the Chinese gal. As she was fun to watch in the sole fight I watched her.

rose fights with almost a programmed style. She can’t create on the fly and just does like a routine in the fight that she learned. And wmma is so bad that it works a lot of the time.

I expect more out of welei. So she should crush rose.

are you forgetting that zhang destroyed andrade in like 2 minutes? and andrade, even before the slam, was starting to get to rose...rose would get stopped in under 3 rounds against zhang..probably round 2.
I'm well aware of that, but Zhang>Andrade and Andrade>Rose so Zhang>Rose is MMA-math, isn't it?
Yes, Andrade was getting to Rose, but that's due to Andrade's output + power - and of course, tha ability to not just throw, but also land a lot.
Those leg kicks accumulated on Rose and were slowing her down, but you shouldn't forget that the grappling that took place earlier in the fight also was a factor which made Rose slower, so it's not like Andrade was outstriking Rose, at the very least not due to being a better striker.
Zhang has not shown (yet) to be the kind of striker that walks somebody down who's proficient with her movement and distance-management, which are things where Rose is extremely good at, so Rose should be able to outbox her.

For similar reasons as those mentioned, i also think that Joanna will beat Zhang.

Back