News Weili Zhang: “The show is about to begin.”

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
7FEE2DDC-B525-4425-980B-ED33E5761827.jpeg

Damn this is a really good fight. No cap I’m pretty excited to see this. I got Zhang by club and sub. Girl out here looking like the real life Chun Li.

Crazy how Zhang was pretty much unknown one year ago and now people are dead set convinced that she'll brutalize Joanna. Not saying she won't beat Joanna, but MMA is incredibly effective in changing people's perspectives in a short amount of time

i love Zhang but can totally see Joanna Instagram point win this fight

Crazy how Zhang was pretty much unknown one year ago and now people are dead set convinced that she'll brutalize Joanna. Not saying she won't beat Joanna, but MMA is incredibly effective in changing people's perspectives in a short amount of time
Nothing changes perceptions faster than decisive results. And she silenced her last remaining doubters in her last fight (though a few still seem to linger on in here).

It's either Zhang by finish or Jedrzejczyk by decision i guess..

..Jedrzejczyk by decision.

Nothing changes perceptions faster than decisive results. And she silenced her last remaining doubters in her last fight (though a few still seem to linger on in here).
Did you see her face after the Torres fight? Tecia was piecing her up in the third round.

Zhang looks more manly than most chinese men in this photo. I hope USADA tests her a lot.

Yeah I was having a hard time convincing ppl Zhang could win against Andrade. Now she's unbeatable.

tecia-torres-punches-weili-zhang-of-china-in-their-womens-strawweight-picture-id1128453659

Yeah I was having a hard time convincing ppl Zhang could win against Andrade. Now she's unbeatable.
Joanna had a much more realistic view of Weili and considered it 50/50. Honestly at that point I was just glad Joanna was even watching fights in her own division. She was so burned out that for a long stretch she stopped watching or caring. This past year was the first time I saw her watch a fight on insta and seem genuinely happy in years. Amazing what a break can do to the mental health of someone.

lol are you trying to argue that she lost that fight? Her cardio was tested but that's because Tecia is impossible to knock out. AFAIK Tecia has never been finished in her career.
I'm by no means saying that she lost that fight. I'm saying if Tecia Torres could do that to her in a 3 round fight them I'm definitely not sold on her so called brutalizing Joanna in a 5 round fight. Joanna is a better striker than Torres and anybody else that Weili has fought. This is far from an easy fight for either of them.

She still won that fight and then the title right after.
I know she won. I'm not disputing that. I'm pointing out the fact that she took damage from "Tiny Tornado" and couldn't finish her. I don't see how she's supposed to brutalize Joanna.

Watch Zhang get rekt by Joanna Jdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdldldl

I'm by no means saying that she lost that fight. I'm saying if Tecia Torres could do that to her in a 3 round fight them I'm definitely not sold on her so called brutalizing Joanna in a 5 round fight. Joanna is a better striker than Torres and anybody else that Weili has fought. This is far from an easy fight for either of them.
I've already laid out the argument on Sherdog that Joanna is the most difficult challenge for Weili. Her counterstriking and footwork in the Andrade fight was a master class. She hasn't looked that good since and her prime is over.

Back