Media Weili Zhang’s English is getting stronger by the day

With some work on emphasis and pace she'll speak clearer then many native English speakers....

It’s far easier for people to learn English than the other way around. My girlfriend (French) learned English mostly from TV growing up and is fluent in it obviously now. For me to keep up my French is much harder though because there are much fewer opportunities to use it ect.

English was probably all scripted. She probably studied some basic English in school but doubt she’s going to significantly improve unless she moves to the US.

I'm curious how Chinese athletes manage their Instagram accounts. It's officially banned in China but their celebrities all use it for promotion. Do they get government exemptions or is their management team updating it overseas?
Sucker punch probably copy stuff from her webo or whatever it is in china

English was probably all scripted. She probably studied some basic English in school but doubt she’s going to significantly improve unless she moves to the US.

She actually has had an english teacher living with her for two months. She does about 1-2 hour english lesson every day and the teacher travels with her speaking english all the time.

Here is her english teacher with her and her coach. he is literally living with her, this was a live q&a on youtube

She actually has had an english teacher living with her for two months. She does about 1-2 hour english lesson every day and the teacher travels with her speaking english all the time.
Oh yeah? Well, good for her. We will see how her English improves with time.

This is one of her lessons. This was ten weeks into the teacher living with her. Fucking past participles n shit.

I believe hes going to be living with her until at least the Joanna fight.

This. If you live somewhere or spend most of your life there learn the God damn language, it's not that hard.
I tried learning French and Spanish in high school, and it seemed pretty hard!<45>

This is one of her lessons. This was ten weeks into the teacher living with her. Fucking past participles n shit.

I believe hes going to be living with her until at least the Joanna fight.

Her fluency is improving as quickly as her fighting prowess. Reminds me of JJ, Machida, and Costa- all people who took the time and effort to improve their English and grew a fanbase from it. Whereas someone like Aldo is not confident enough to utter an English sentence.

Her fluency is improving as quickly as her fighting prowess. Reminds me of JJ, Machida, and Costa- all people who took the time and effort to improve their English and grew a fanbase from it. Whereas someone like Aldo is not confident enough to utter an English sentence.

Her aim is basically she wants to give her post fight interview after the Joanna fight in English. Thats her current target

I've wondered about that myself. She also has her own YouTube channel; posting to YouTube normally cannot be done from China without using a VPN.

The Helwani speech was probably scripted ahead of time, but here (on her English teacher's YouTube channel) she and her head coach are speaking English in an interview without a script:

I guess you can say her English is getting Better Every Day
<BC1>

Yes because she doesn't already have an English teacher, and it's not like China doesn't already have thousands of English tutors.

VD09afj_d.jpg

She has more punching power than Cruz lol

Its sadly true.

I am becoming a huge fan. She is just so cool. Her destruction of Andrade doesnt get enough mention. One of the worst beatdowns in WMMA history.

she's had a good ear and thanks Helwani for the sport

Her social media presence has also made gains, her followers have gone from 25k to 168k since she’s become champion. She’s made a commitment to improving her English to make herself marketable for fans unlike many other fighters out there.

This chick is pretty badass, her technique is pretty damn solid too unlike most WMMA. Really nice overhand here:

kinda sounds like bruce lee

Some fighters like fedor and anderson can speak English but dont use it for media,preferring translators.

Back