Media Weili Zhang’s English is getting stronger by the day

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Her social media presence has also made gains, her followers have gone from 25k to 168k since she’s become champion. She’s made a commitment to improving her English to make herself marketable for fans unlike many other fighters out there.

This chick is pretty badass, her technique is pretty damn solid too unlike most WMMA. Really nice overhand here:

I'm curious how Chinese athletes manage their Instagram accounts. It's officially banned in China but their celebrities all use it for promotion. Do they get government exemptions or is their management team updating it overseas?

She's both a savage and very cute.

anyone know what they're measuring? and how/with what?

A virtuous & pretty Chinese fighter from Authoritarian nation?
{<redford}I'm in.

I'm curious how Chinese athletes manage their Instagram accounts. It's officially banned in China but their celebrities all use it for promotion. Do they get government exemptions or is their management team updating it overseas?
Allow me to answer this for you.

I don't know

VPN or TOR.

Respect to any fighter that puts in the extra work to learn English. I know you don't have to do this to be successful, but it'll definitely your brand.

Surprised Aldo and Shogun never improved their English at all.

Khabib, JDS, Barboza, Moraes, Romero, Machida, Nunes, Glover all improved their English a ton.

Respect.

Respect to any fighter that puts in the extra work to learn English.

Surprised Aldo and Shogun never improved their English at all.

Khabib, JDS, Barboza, Moraes, Romero, Machida all improved their English a ton.
Respect.
This. If you live somewhere or spend most of your life there learn the God damn language, it's not that hard.

Her social media presence has also made gains, her followers have gone from 25k to 168k since she’s become champion. She’s made a commitment to improving her English to make herself marketable for fans unlike many other fighters out there.

This chick is pretty badass, her technique is pretty damn solid too unlike most WMMA. Really nice overhand here:

She understands Fa Jin

I like that girl, she sure is violent and natty, you can tell because of the cute voice and feminine jaw.

I've wondered about that myself. She also has her own YouTube channel; posting to YouTube normally cannot be done from China without using a VPN.

The Helwani speech was probably scripted ahead of time, but here (on her English teacher's YouTube channel) she and her head coach are speaking English in an interview without a script:

As I look at her and hear her talk, a certain bodypart of mine is also getting stronger by the day

I like the fact she has a shih-tzu, wife and I just got a pup shih-tzu, most unusual brindle coat too.

On the whole, Chinese speak rather good English. Not surprising at all.

Back