Weights

Symphony-x

White Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, sorry if this seems like a stupid, or in the wrong section.
but anyway...

Currently renovating my workshop so I have a training area for myself, nothing hugely big.

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me consider what weights (machines, or free weights) or equipment to get, and what style of exercises to do.

Im currently looking to drop alot of fat, and build lean muscle, but preferably to lose weight at the moment.

I also do kickboxing 3 days a week, and the gym once a week.

Help is much appreciated.

So, I was wondering if anyone could help me consider what weights (machines, or free weights) or equipment to get, and what style of exercises to do.

Definitely free weights. You can get by nicely with a power rack, a bench, and 300 lbs olympic weight set. Do squats, deadlifts, and presses and you'll be good to go.

Here's a thread regarding building a nice home gym. http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=432302

Maybe I should add that when I used to go to the gym more often I was benching 120kg, is that helps any for weights to get.

and thanks

Get an olympic weight set and find the amount of weight you will need, if your benching 120k then you'll need a little more.

Get an olympic weight set and find the amount of weight you will need, if your benching 120k then you'll need a little more.

If you're benching 120kg, you're gonna want over 240kg for lifts like squats and deadlifts.

Definitely go with freeweights, and check the FAQ in the strength and power forum.

Back