Weights,,,but what weights?

iok786

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey

I have posted this in the stand up forum as I was not to sure if it belonged there or here....mods please remove the thread if it does not fit here

With the holiday season amongst us, I have some time off work and want to make the most of it by training twice a day in prep for a hard January aimed at improving my muay Thai technique

However in the next 3 weeks I want to do some weights (and continue this) but I am not to sure what weights/reps/routine I should be following to complement Muay Thai...

any hints and tips?

My daily routine will follow the below

AM: Run (5-10k)/Skip (5 rounds 3 min)
PM: Reserved for weights....but what weights?

Thanks

Focus on legs but if you are only going to do it for 3 weeks it's pretty pointless... That's not enough time to have any real effect.

If you're planninga on starting to strength train for the long haul and not just for 3 weeks then look up Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

Basically you just need a program that has
A. A focus on compound barbell movements (deadlift, squat, bench, etc)
B. A planned progression for adding weight
C. A set/rep scheme focused on strength (3x5, 5x5)

If you're planninga on starting to strength train for the long haul and not just for 3 weeks then look up Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe.

Basically you just need a program that has
A. A focus on compound barbell movements (deadlift, squat, bench, etc)
B. A planned progression for adding weight
C. A set/rep scheme focused on strength (3x5, 5x5)

Thanks guys - the 3 week holiday period is to really hit it hard and kick start a routine

After which I will I continue with the weights, but drop the morning Cardio - work, wife & kids will limit the amount of time I can carry on training

Will look at Starting Strenght by Mark Ripetoe - is that one of the threads on the forum?

Thanks

Back