Weight loss stall need options

buffpants22

Be a Hero
@Brown
Reaction score
Ok so didnt know what forum to post in this or diet/con.
I started working out again after 10 years January after being diagnosed type 2 diabetic. Started at 260lbs Lost maybe 8lbs then started keto/atkins in Feburary. I was doing mostly an hour or so of cardio. 5-6 days a week with little weight training up until May.
My normal workout before late May
20 minute walk
Dumbell curls 25-30 reps
30reps ab machine
32 minute weightloss on elliptical
Farmers walk
Maybe a few laps or incline on treadmill for 10 minutes to end.

I dropped down to 215lbs by end of May. My goal is 195-200 btw. I wanted to add more weightlifting to tone everything up. So i cahnged my workouts to 4-5 days a week as follows.
20 minute walk
Dumbell curls
French curls
Ab machine 30 reps
Crunches 15-20
Elliptical 32 minute program
Farmers walk or deadlift chest press every other day
5 minute run.
I quit the low carb diet because i was feeling exhausted by my deadlifts and i figured the extra cardio and weight demands would keep my weightloss going.
Im stuck at 215lbs is there anything i can do weight wise to aide .
Fyi cant do squats or really heavy weights have a torn meniscus and other knee issues. Don't want to go back to keto if i dont have to.

Wrong forum bro. We eat everything, including ass.

Eat fewer calories than you are now.

I’ve had a stomach flu for the past few days and I’ve dropped 7lbs. If you don’t mind going to bathroom every 15-20 minutes and having your butthole on fire, I highly recommend it!

Dropping from 260 to 215 in less than 6 months is great work, even if you started out overweight.
But past a certain point losing weight always gets hard, or at least very slow.
If you've been "stuck" at 215 for just over a month, I wouldn't really change much, just adjust my expectations and give it time.
If you keep losing only a couple of pounds per month, I'd still consider that perfectly acceptable progress.
Adding more exercise is kind of meh in my personal experience, at least if athletic ability isn't your main priority. If your priority is losing weight, too much exercise just tends to take up a lot of time and energy (energy you don't have because you're on a caloric deficit), drain your enthusiasm, and might mess with your ability to stick to your diet (as you get hunger cravings etc from the workout and might fall for the temptation to eat fast food or candy).

Track your caloric intake, and make small decreases in your intake if you don't see any change in bodyweight over the course of, say, a month.
So more or less what JimRussel said.

More calories out than in is the name of the weight loss game. You can lift and run all you want but if you're diet sucks then its no good. It sounds like you have dropped plenty of weight tho so you're doing fine. Icorporate more weight lifting, having more muscle requries you to eat more calories or at least means you can eat more food without gaining fat. Weight is irelavent, body fat however is not.

How many calories do you eat per day currently? Also, height and age would help.

You included everything except the most important part bro.. your diet.

I have a couple suggestions for you that might help:
  • Get a structured training program like 5/3/1. The workouts listed above don't provide much energy expenditure OR hypertrophy/strength training stimuli. Your training should at the very least burn a ton of calories (kickboxing, crossfit, etc..) or build strength/muscles.
  • Download the free version of MyFitnessPal and track a couple of days of eating. Report back here with your total calories intake and, even better, your macronutrient breakdown (Protein/Carbs/Fat)

all comes down to eatin less, whatever diet accomplishes that, stick to

Why are you doing curls lmfao

Why are you doing so many crunches and ab machine???

Why are you doing so much cardio in the middle of your lifting routine? Save more of it for the end if you do it at all. Elliptical is nonsense imho. I don't know anyone who got really fit on the elliptical.

Explore the wonderful world of calisthenics! I got super into pushups and many variations thereof, chinups, kettlebell movements like getups and swings and different types of carries (bottoms up, waiter carry, suitcase carry--not just farmers carry) while I had a mild knee injury and couldn't squat. Bodyweight stuff can be super hard and great and it's less wear and tear on joints.

I also like animal crawls and stuff like that because it's cardio but it's also great for movement quality and not boring. You will look stupid if you're at a gym but who cares.

But yeah, full body is better than the isolation stuff you're doing. Chinups are better than curls. Full-body movements are better than elliptical.

And if you're not tracking calories, start, and if you're still eating hyperprocessed foods, stop.

Have you tried drinking your own urine?

Back