Weight loss journal

Another Sunday update. Today we gained a pound compared to 3-4 loss with week before. I am having creatine every single day since last week. Training and diet didnt change, energy high, no cravings. We keep it up. With creatine I would probably not expect to lose anything now for another few weeks. But we shall see.

Last edited:
nearly 2 lbs down this week compared to week before, thought the weight will hover around the same but nice to see it going down. Back to work this week also so greater results expected next week. No changes to energy levels or mood. 1500 kcal it is.

9.7 lbs down this week. Yes you read that correct. Its definetly a mixture of fat, water and muscle. Also I had a bit of rough week. 3 days I couldnt eat more than 800-1000 calories. But from yesterday im back on track. Few improvements made to diet also. 9.7 lbs needs to be verified as possible that my scale malfunctioned. I will verify it tomorrow at work and will give an update.

How's your mental? Still excited in journey or hating life

How's your mental? Still excited in journey or hating life

All good. Had a bashing of my cousin whos pro bodybuilder earlier, only managed to talk to him, we havent seen each other for a while. And when I told him that I am losing like 2-3 pounds a week he grabbed his head saying I should be losing more like 8-10 and to up my efforts even more so...guys knows what hes doing as hes coaching people who lost some serious weight. I guess I will look to cut some calories even more and add extra cardio.

Good to see that you are sticking with it and still enjoying yourself.

Keep up the good work mate.

All good. Had a bashing of my cousin whos pro bodybuilder earlier, only managed to talk to him, we havent seen each other for a while. And when I told him that I am losing like 2-3 pounds a week he grabbed his head saying I should be losing more like 8-10 and to up my efforts even more so...guys knows what hes doing as hes coaching people who lost some serious weight. I guess I will look to cut some calories even more and add extra cardio.
10lbs a week is ludicrous unless you weigh 500lbs. I would say he doesn't know what he's doing. Also at that rate you'd be losing tons of muscle tissue

10lbs a week is ludicrous unless you weigh 500lbs. I would say he doesn't know what he's doing. Also at that rate you'd be losing tons of muscle tissue

Not that much but just a bit more than half of that weight you said. So not that tragic. I say year of dieting and working out and I should be where I supposed to be. I never felt so disciplined when it comes to diet and excercise. I just sat down few months ago had a deep thinking about it and decided this is something I wanna change in my life.

Not that much but just a bit more than half of that weight you said. So not that tragic. I say year of dieting and working out and I should be where I supposed to be. I never felt so disciplined when it comes to diet and excercise. I just sat down few months ago had a deep thinking about it and decided this is something I wanna change in my life.
Awesome. And 2-3 lbs a week is fantastic. Keep it up!

Just need some advice. As you can tell I hit the gym recently and trying my best to make it work hence so many threads and questions, would like to thank you guys for providing whatever advice you can, everything is helpful and helps me better understand the world of gym.

With that being said I got 2 questions.

1. Workout routine - I am 5 days a week in a gym doing cardio and weights. Cardio is my main thing since my target number 1 is to lose weight so I do cardio everyday after weight training. Now this is my current schedule: Monday (biceps + triceps), Tuesday (shoulders, forearms), Wendesday (chest, traps), Thursday (biceps + triceps), Friday (shoulders, forearms), Sat+Sun rest, then Monday (chest, traps) and so on.

As you can see I didnt included legs and back. Is it such a big deal? The reason im asking is becuase im quite big already in those areas of my body, main thing is weight loss but I want to get into weights also for experience and diversifying training a bit. Also I am not planning to strip bare chested for the beach or anything like that any time soon either. What you think of my training schedule, am I pairing exercises correctly? For example I do shoulders + forearms on one day but perhaps doing shoulders and traps on same day be better?

2. Different exercises - Each day I am trying different exercises for different muscle groups until I see which do feel better. Some exercises I found more comfortable than others but make no mistake I am still experiencing burn and pain. Today for example I tried shoulder exercises, standing barbell overhead press, cable side laterals and seat dumbell laterals. The barbel and cable side feels great and gives serious kick. The seat dumbell laterals however I found frying my shoulders too quickly, I can barely finish first set. Another example is bench press, I hated it as a kid and I do hate them now.

I do about 3 exercises for each muscle with 3 sets x 12 reps. So in this case what you think would be better? Do 2 exercises with 5 sets each or look for another exercise? Does it matter if you just keep doing the same exercise but more sets to compensate?

Don't skip leg day at minimum especially if your goal beyond losing weight is to play any sports. Having strong glutes, especially can also help your hip strength which can help some of your cardio workouts. You actually burn more in lifting because your body burns calories for two days after lifting while with cardio you burn what you do during the workout and your done. During those two days your muscles rip and then go back together through recovery and nutrition.

Another 5 lbs down. I really really like how this diet and gym plan is progressing so far. Only empowers me. No cheat meals/days. 1500 calories it is.

@don't ask it's time for you to go back to bodybuilding.com. You can see he has been succeeding and achieving his goals. What you thought was good advice was actually just fantasy memes.

Like I said @Nameless King keep it up and keep doing what you're doing. Soon, when you tell people what you did, they won't believe it and they'll say you're special.

Thanks for tagging me in on this post so I can see that, as I advised, he's prioritizing his diet.

Also, I'm sorry bodybuilding.com hurt you, I'm sorry you don't know much about anything and I'm really sorry that you're so emotionally damaged that you're holding a grudge against me all these months later especially when several people were pointing out how dumb your posts are lol. Please get help.

Another 5 down. Hope the pace will stay. 5 a week looks and feels great. Goal was to have at least 2.5. More or less I know now what to do to keep it the way it is. Should I dip below 2.5 at some point I guess it will be adding extra cardio and trimming more on calories. Diminishing returns are inevitable but hopefully near my goal.

You put money aside for a new wardrobe? Keep it up. Should be seeing progress and getting feed back on it by now.

You put money aside for a new wardrobe? Keep it up. Should be seeing progress and getting feed back on it by now.

I noticed that few weeks ago already. Dropped size in t shirt and underwear. Still long way to go.

Another 5. No changes to anything. 1500 calories. Since last 2 weeks I workout on empty stomach as well. I do not maintain strict 1500 calories, what I mean by that is sometimes there are days where I eat as little as 1200-1300 calories but I do not exceed 1500 at all. Cravings started appearing like few weeks ago, they come and go, learned to live with it also diversifying food choices so I am not bored of eating the same thing.

Back