weight loss advice needed

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by redrum690, Apr 14, 2008.

1. redrum690

redrum690 Orange Belt

I am thinking about entering a local mma tournament. And the tournament is a month away and i am about 50 to 60 pounds over the weight i want to fight at. Is there any ways to lose that kind of weight in a month and still be in good enough condition to fight.

2. T.J.T

T.J.T Green Belt

Thats a lot of weight, over 10 pounds a week. Im pretty sure your body can lose about 2 lbs a week the proper way, and ive only really heard of guys cutting 10-15 pounds the WEEK of a pro fight. cutting that each week would probably kill you or bring you into the tourny in such crappy shape you would be better off not to go.

3. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

I gotta agree with TJT. 50 - 60 pounds in a month is not possible if you want to be remotely healthy come fight time. I lost about 45 lbs last year over the course of about 6 months. Fight at a higher weight or don't fight, you'll mess yourself up big time trying to cut that much that fast

4. elbowsmash

elbowsmash Brown Belt

50-60 in a month... you may die.

even if you starved yourself you wouldn't reach that goal.

janet jackson did the extreme, 60 in 4 months, and you are trying to do that in a month.

postpone your fight for a year. thats my recommendation.

5. redrum690

redrum690 Orange Belt

Damn i didn't know it was that bad but thanks for the advice. I guess i will have to get front row seats and just scope out the competition. Hopefully i will be able to make weight at the next tourny.