Weight Gainer Mixture from True Protein?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by theNuge, Mar 21, 2008.

1. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

I've been checking out weight gainers lately and it got me thinking about making my own gainer mixture on True Protein. What do you guys think it should contain? What percentages of fats, carbs, and protein? Is it worth it?

Here is the mixture I came up with first:

15% Micellar Casein
    25% Milk Protein Isolate
    35% Maltodextrin
    10% Waxy Maize Starch
    15% Flax Seed Oil Powder

The following are the fat, carb, and protein breakdowns for 120 grams (4 scoops):

10.96g fats
    62.24g carbs
    40g protein

Disclaimer on this thread: I'm really new to weight gaining so be nice if you plan on flaming me. I took the basis of my nutritional breakdowns from Cytogainer.

Let me know your thoughts.

2. Pixelsurgeon

Pixelsurgeon Orange Belt

are you planning on using it as a meal replacement or PW shake?

3. joshetc

joshetc butthole hurts from teh gay

I think he wants it to have something pleasant to eat on top of meals to pack on some pounds. It looks pretty good, I'm not sure how tasty that much flaxseed powder would be, though, esp on top of malto and WMS. Someone else will probably have to comment. I must say the MCTs in muscle milk really add pretty good flavor to it, though.

4. Vedic

Vedic Purple Belt

Protein sources are ok, but the carb and fat choices are not the ones I would make. But it depends on what you are looking for. WMS doesn't really have a place in a MRP, its more for a PWO shake.

5. joshetc

I agree. To be honest, for a MRP. I would just grind up a whole tub of oats ahead of time, then add a scoop or two to each shake and don't buy any carbs from trueprotein.

6. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

I think that's where I'm leaning as well. ~$7.50/lb. isn't really worth it for something I can make myself or pay roughly $5.00/lb. online.

7. joshetc

I'm probably going to do the same thing. My next nutritional concoction is going to be a morning MRP that can house my greens+, beta alanine, and creatine monohydrate. I'll probably put about 25g of milk protein isolate and a similar amount of ground oats for the substance.

8. JinKazama

JinKazama Red Belt

cytogainer is the bomb

i never put flaxseed powder though

hmm

9. Hbs6

Hbs6 Blue Belt

Its not a bad mix but you ever think about just eating a ton of whole food? If you are already doing that then that mix will just be icing on the cake when you get in a pinch.

10. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

Yes, I eat a ton of whole food... However, I need to be at work by 8:00 AM and I have what can be an hour commute. So, I'm thinking that a weight gainer could help me save some time.