***Weight Gain***

im stuck at 145! i go up to 155 then next thing i know im down to 145 again but never any lower. ugh. guess i need to lift/eat more. time to hit the kitchen

im stuck at 145! i go up to 155 then next thing i know im down to 145 again but never any lower. ugh. guess i need to lift/eat more. time to hit the kitchen

read

Part 2: Recovery

Some of you are surely wondering why I've decided to put this ahead of the training section. The answer is simple: training information is everywhere (in fact there is too much information on training) while solid, reliable info on how to recovery properly from demanding workouts is difficult to find. The better you can recover from your workouts, the harder you can train, and the stronger/bigger you'll get. It's important that you take your R&R very seriously, just as seriously as you would your training itself. It's easy, once you know how the game is played.

Food! Eat for fucks sake. Probably the best way to improve your recovery is to increase your food intake. Despite what Flex tells you, the road to bulk is not paved with tuna and oatmeal. Eat like you mean it. I often times eat more in one sitting than a crybaby "hardgainer" eats all goddamn day. When choosing what you eat, the first thing you want to look for is a protein. The more the better. Don't worry about 1 gram per lb of lean mass or any of that bullshit. Chances are if you're reading this, you're not at a level where you even need to consider that. Just get as much protein as you can, especially animal protein. You know like pieces of dead animals. Don't be afraid of fat and carbs either though, those will make you bigger. Here is a partial list of what I consider Growin' Food:

Corned Beef Hash (the grocery stores answer to Anadrol 50)
Chicken (fried, baked, BBQ'd whatever)
Beef
Pork
Fish
Mac and CheesePizza (especially with lots of meat)
Burrito's
Potatoes (mashed, au grattin, red skin, golden, whatever, just shove them down your gullet)

More or less, if it's full of protein, fat and carbs, you want it in your belly.

If you happen to be a skinny fuck naturally, then you can go even crazier. Eat a pint of Ben and Jerry

read

Part 2: Recovery

Some of you are surely wondering why I've decided to put this ahead of the training section. The answer is simple: training information is everywhere (in fact there is too much information on training) while solid, reliable info on how to recovery properly from demanding workouts is difficult to find. The better you can recover from your workouts, the harder you can train, and the stronger/bigger you'll get. It's important that you take your R&R very seriously, just as seriously as you would your training itself. It's easy, once you know how the game is played.

Food! Eat for fucks sake. Probably the best way to improve your recovery is to increase your food intake. Despite what Flex tells you, the road to bulk is not paved with tuna and oatmeal. Eat like you mean it. I often times eat more in one sitting than a crybaby "hardgainer" eats all goddamn day. When choosing what you eat, the first thing you want to look for is a protein. The more the better. Don't worry about 1 gram per lb of lean mass or any of that bullshit. Chances are if you're reading this, you're not at a level where you even need to consider that. Just get as much protein as you can, especially animal protein. You know like pieces of dead animals. Don't be afraid of fat and carbs either though, those will make you bigger. Here is a partial list of what I consider Growin' Food:

Corned Beef Hash (the grocery stores answer to Anadrol 50)
Chicken (fried, baked, BBQ'd whatever)
Beef
Pork
Fish
Mac and CheesePizza (especially with lots of meat)
Burrito's
Potatoes (mashed, au grattin, red skin, golden, whatever, just shove them down your gullet)

More or less, if it's full of protein, fat and carbs, you want it in your belly.

If you happen to be a skinny fuck naturally, then you can go even crazier. Eat a pint of Ben and Jerry

Back