Weight Cutting Help

chissykush

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hi, on tuesday im signing up for the marines and i need to cut about 9lbs for the weigh in that they have me do. I was wondering how to do this, i need help from people who have actually cut weight. Fighters cut 15+lbs so I believe 9lbs is do able by tuesday.

Help please

Take a few laxatives and go to a sauna. Drink enough water not to kill yourself, but not so much that you retain any. That would defeat the purpose of sweating it out.

What part of "signing up" you doing? If you are taking a physical I understand why you want to cut weight now, but if you are doing anything else like taking the asvab or going to see the recruiter then you have time.

The Marines are a little picky these days so I wish you luck. If you really want it you will get in.

Don't worry about weight too much basic will sort you out.

The recruiter told you this or are you just assuming you have to be at that weight. Your body weight should not matter that much until you go to MEPS and have your physical.

You're cutting 9 lbs just to be able to ship? Uh-oh.

You'll cut 9 lbs now for MEPs, but you'll have to weigh in again your second day of boot camp. You'll have gained back all your weight from rehydrating and eating and won't have a chance to cut it again. That means you're going to be a fat tray. You get about half the food the other recruits get until you meet weight standards, and if you're 9 lbs over ship standards, it'll take a while to lose.

I remember a fat tray in my platoon crying himself to sleep at night because he was so hungry. Of course, I also remember a recruit pissed himself because he didn't know how to request permission to make a head call.

So, have fun.

Hey it didn't let me reply in the other thread but one things for sure if you don't HAVE to cut the weight DON'T do it, it's not worth it. I did 15lbs my first fight for the weight cut and it was hell. How's your diet been so far cause that's a lot of how I cut weight. If I've had a terrible diet I have a HARD weight cut, best thing to do though is if you just need to make it for that one day and you don't need to do much the next day, put on a sweatsuit and go for a run today and tomorrow and hitting the sauna at night you may need to wear a sauna or sweat suit in there, keep what you eat the next two days to something very lean(lean chicken or fish). Big breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner and just water to drink. Tuesday morning wake up early you should be close to your weight like within 5 lbs or so if you're not by that point man you're going to have to kill your body to make it. Honestly though man, it may not be possible depending on what kind of diet you've had. Good luck to you though man hopefully you make it.

You're cutting 9 lbs just to be able to ship? Uh-oh.

You'll cut 9 lbs now for MEPs, but you'll have to weigh in again your second day of boot camp. You'll have gained back all your weight from rehydrating and eating and won't have a chance to cut it again. That means you're going to be a fat tray. You get about half the food the other recruits get until you meet weight standards, and if you're 9 lbs over ship standards, it'll take a while to lose.

I remember a fat tray in my platoon crying himself to sleep at night because he was so hungry. Of course, I also remember a recruit pissed himself because he didn't know how to request permission to make a head call.

So, have fun.

No I need to cut 8lbs now to make my weight for meps and i ship in march...

like i said in the other one, put lots of clothing on and run to sweat. wrestle around you can drink some water. do this and you should be able to lose atleast 2-3 pounds in like 3 hours. this is from wrestling experience

Back