weight cut

wrassle

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
is cutting from 212-171 on november 22nd a bit crazy to you guys? im out of shape right now normally set around 200 and fight at 170 i just started dieting and training today and i wana make tis fight november 22nd that's around 7 weeks im around 17-15% body fat at 6 foot tall.

is cutting from 212-171 on november 22nd a bit crazy to you guys? im out of shape right now normally set around 200 and fight at 170 i just started dieting and training today and i wana make tis fight november 22nd that's around 7 weeks im around 17-15% body fat at 6 foot tall.

If you can lose 25 over 7 weeks (which isn't that crazy if you're out of shape right now), and have experience cutting (which I'm assuming you have, considering your screen name?), then you're okay. If you don't think you can lose at least 20 of true body weight before the water cut, I'd say you're probably in too deep (and really, you're gonna want to do 25; cutting 20 in water weight is gonna be hell).

Crazy? Maybe. Do able? Yes...however; if you do it haphazardly and end up doing a "crash diet" I can see your performance ability being greatly diminished.

Quit getting so far outta shape!!

Last edited:
Crazy? Maybe. Do able? Yes...however; if you do it haphazardly and end up ding a "crash diet" I can see your performance ability being greatly diminished.

Quit getting so far outta shape!!

i haven't been able to train since i moved been off for about 3 months im use to going from 200-171 in 5 weeks but im normally in shape im sure getting back to 200 wont take longer than a week if i train hard and fast but the other 15 im wondering about ive been eating lots of junk food so now ive cut tht out cutting almost all sugar completely from my diet only eating carbs on hard training days getting around 1500 calories on day i cant make it to the gym and around 2000 on days im there

If you can lose 25 over 7 weeks (which isn't that crazy if you're out of shape right now), and have experience cutting (which I'm assuming you have, considering your screen name?), then you're okay. If you don't think you can lose at least 20 of true body weight before the water cut, I'd say you're probably in too deep (and really, you're gonna want to do 25; cutting 20 in water weight is gonna be hell).

this is a pic of me right now im guesing im at around 17% body fat I think i hould be able to maintain 190 ripped up

http://oi39.tinypic.com/xfubdz.jpg

I just hate going without sugar after a long cardio workout i crave sugar bad fruit juices blue berries but i dont want anything to get in the way of my cut

this is a pic of me right now im guesing im at around 17% body fat I think i hould be able to maintain 190 ripped up

http://oi39.tinypic.com/xfubdz.jpg

I just hate going without sugar after a long cardio workout i crave sugar bad fruit juices blue berries but i dont want anything to get in the way of my cut

Well...dropping the carbs will certainly help with the "weight" (not just fat, but water and muscle too) loss as 1 gram of carb stores 4 grams of fluid; however, 1500 cals is very low, especially for a guy your size. You're likely to stagnate rather quickly on such low cals I'd think.

Dropping carbs too drastically will impede performance and likely hinder your training. I get just enough carbs to train hard. Never been a big carb guy. I do fine on 100-150 grams a day, sometimes more after a really depleting workout or multiple training sessions. I'm only 165-170 lbs.

I typically place carbs around training times, too.

Maybe try a higher fat approach (lower carbs) for a week or two? You'll shed water weight, probably some fat and maintain lean mass. Add some fiber like psyllium husk to your diet to help with weight loss and satiety. It will also help curb your sugar cravings.

Research some Alan Aragon and Layne Norton articles on fat loss. These guys are very good. Layne is a competitive bodybuilder and champion powerlifter. He also has a Phd. in some related field, so he's a "been there done that" guy. Their knowledge has helped me a lot.

Well...dropping the carbs will certainly help with the "weight" (not just fat, but water and muscle too) loss as 1 gram of carb stores 4 grams of fluid; however, 1500 cals is very low, especially for a guy your size. You're likely to stagnate rather quickly on such low cals I'd think.

Dropping carbs too drastically will impede performance and likely hinder your training. I get just enough carbs to train hard. Never been a big carb guy. I do fine on 100-150 grams a day, sometimes more after a really depleting workout or multiple training sessions. I'm only 165-170 lbs.

I typically place carbs around training times, too.

Maybe try a higher fat approach (lower carbs) for a week or two? You'll shed water weight, probably some fat and maintain lean mass. Add some fiber like psyllium husk to your diet to help with weight loss and satiety. It will also help curb your sugar cravings.

Research some Alan Aragon and Layne Norton articles on fat loss. These guys are very good. Layne is a competitive bodybuilder and champion powerlifter. He also has a Phd. in some related field, so he's a "been there done that" guy. Their knowledge has helped me a lot.

I normally up my fat intake when i go low carb usually eat ground chuck and fatty cuts of roast i feel amazing after eating a good fatty chunk of beef i think ill keep my calories higher then i dont wana go so low my body adjust and doesnt cut anymore weight ive had that happen before

I normally up my fat intake when i go low carb usually eat ground chuck and fatty cuts of roast i feel amazing after eating a good fatty chunk of beef i think ill keep my calories higher then i dont wana go so low my body adjust and doesnt cut anymore weight ive had that happen before

I feel great on a protein/fat dominant diet.

For rapid weight loss it might be a good plan; however, I perform better with carbs in my diet.

I feel great on a protein/fat dominant diet.

For rapid weight loss it might be a good plan; however, I perform better with carbs in my diet.

i deff need my carbs on hard training days at least 200g pastas rice sweet potatoes on my not so hard days i go around 50-100

by my pic i posted about what body fat % does it look like im at

Man i dont understand how you guys can only shoot for 200g of carbs on hard training days.

I weight anywhere from 125-135lbs at 5'2 10-13% bf and i get around 300-400g if not more on my training days. Ive tried under 200g and I dont feel as energized.

Man i dont understand how you guys can only shoot for 200g of carbs on hard training days.

I weight anywhere from 125-135lbs at 5'2 10-13% bf and i get around 300-400g if not more on my training days. Ive tried under 200g and I dont feel as energized.

its hard for sure hell 1 cup of uncooked rice is around 200gs i normlly would like 600gs of carbs on super hard days if im not worried about cutting

Back