Weigh ins GOAT and UFC vet Sean O' Connell just won $1 million

In all seriousness, probably half of the 1 million dollar prize is taxed. And the rest is given over a long time. No way PFL can hand that much money to 7 no-name guys
no-name?

The Real OC is the MMA weigh-ins comedic GOAT! :cool:

no-name?

The Real OC is the MMA weigh-ins comedic GOAT! :cool:
There is no denying that they are kinda no-name.
-Magomed Magomedkerimov: (Dude doesnt even have a wikipedia page) fought a single fight in kunlun and wsof
-Sean O'Connell - I like his jokes and personality and all but dude was 2-5 in UFC
-Philipe Lins (former Bellator semifinalist)
-Lance Palmer - Probably the biggest name out of all - I believe he used to be the WSOF champ
-Natan Schulte (again no wikipedia) : had like single fight in WSOF
- Louis Taylor - WSOF, Bellator, and Strikeforce

None of these guys were UFC level except Sean, who pretty much got destroyed every single match. I am happy to see that fighters are getting paid well though. I wish all fighters really earned what they deserve.

After taxes, i wonder what he's actually looking at

There is no denying that they are kinda no-name.
-Magomed Magomedkerimov: (Dude doesnt even have a wikipedia page) fought a single fight in kunlun and wsof
-Sean O'Connell - I like his jokes and personality and all but dude was 2-5 in UFC
-Philipe Lins (former Bellator semifinalist)
-Lance Palmer - Probably the biggest name out of all - I believe he used to be the WSOF champ
-Natan Schulte (again no wikipedia) : had like single fight in WSOF
- Louis Taylor - WSOF, Bellator, and Strikeforce

None of these guys were UFC level except Sean, who pretty much got destroyed every single match. I am happy to see that fighters are getting paid well though. I wish all fighters really earned what they deserve.
I can't say I disagree, these fighter are below UFC level, but no wiki page does not automatically mean that a fighter is shit. Magomed has a good record against decent fighters. I recommend using Tapology as they list the opponents' records for every fight:
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/38087-magomed-magomedkerimov

I can't say I disagree, these fighter are below UFC level, but no wiki page does not automatically mean that a fighter is shit. Magomed has a good record against decent fighters. I recommend using Tapology as they list the opponents' records for every fight:
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/38087-magomed-magomedkerimov
Yeah man I also use tapology a lot. Some of my fighter friends are listed on tapology but not on sherdog. But who do you describe as decent regarding Magomed's opponents.

None of these guys were UFC level except Sean,

Nah. All of those guys are good enough to be in the UFC. Nathan for instance beat Rashid Magomedov in the finals who went 5-1 in the UFC. Taylor was actually signed by the UFC but was cut after his fight fell through without having compeated once. Philipe handily beat a UFC veteran in the finals (also beat Rosholt who was 6-2 in the UFC). Palmer and Magomedkerimov's skills speak for themselves (and they've beaten UFC veterans). Sean is easily the worst out of that lot (but that's LHW for you).

Not saying they're top 15 or anything, but they're clearly good enough by the standards of whom the UFC's signs.

Nah. All of those guys are good enough to be in the UFC. Nathan for instance beat Rashid Magomedov in the finals who went 5-1 in the UFC. Taylor was actually signed by the UFC but was cut after his fight fell through without having compeated once. Philipe handily beat a UFC veteran in the finals (also beat Rosholt who was 6-2 in the UFC). Palmer and Magomedkerimov's skills speak for themselves (and they've beaten UFC veterans). Sean is easily the worst out of that lot (but that's LHW for you).

Not saying they're top 15 or anything, but they're clearly good enough by the standards of whom the UFC's signs.
You cannot rank someones ability by who they won years ago

You cannot rank someones ability by who they won years ago

Plenty of those wins are recent.

The UFC themselves does that all the time. Remember that Diaz is still a top-ranked LW.

And if you take that stance -- pretty much anyone outside the UFC ain't good enough to be in the UFC. Which is pathelogically untrue since plenty of people have come into the org and utterly wrecked shop (Peter Yan as a recent example).

Yeah man I also use tapology a lot. Some of my fighter friends are listed on tapology but not on sherdog. But who do you describe as decent regarding Magomed's opponents.
Decent in general, I mean he's not fighting cans. Look at his last 6 opponents - they all have solid records. Ray beat Jake Shields... twice! Bojan won a couple fights in the UFC. And so on.

Back