Weigh ins 2 hours before the fight will be implemented in a Russian Promotion

I like this Idea.

But I am not sure how the fighters will react to this, especially when in every other promotion they would fight 1-2 weigthclasses lower.

And will there be the same tolerance in terms of weight class ? I could imagine that it can be stressfull when you have to reach a certain weight 2 hours befor the fight, especially for guys between 155 and 170.

Btw. can't imagine that flyweight would still exist with this new implementation.
Implement the 165 and 175 classes and get rid of 170, solve everything!

Solid idea, will be interesting to see how many fighters miss weight with this implemented. Will also be interesting to see how it affects performance.

1291372414_mma-fighter-vomits.gif

Lol Reptiles Mortal Kombat fatality.

Good. What's the point of having a weight class if a fighter is going to be 20-30 pounds above it during the actual fight?

It is. How will they rehydrate in 2 hours?

They certainly cant cut as much weight and then fully rehydrate like in the ufc. But 2 hours still could be enough for some fighters when they are mainevent and using IVs. This could actually be even more dangerous.

They certainly cant cut as much weight and then fully rehydrate like in the ufc. But 2 hours still could be enough for some fighters when they are mainevent and using IVs. This could actually be even more dangerous.

Enough to fully rehydrate? No way. Even with IV

Enough to fully rehydrate? No way. Even with IV

Yeah im not saying its a good idea but I could imagine some people still trying it. I dont know how many fights they have on a card but when a fighter is mainevent he could have another few hours. There needs to be a change in mma when it comes to weightcutting but im not sure this is much better.

Yeah im not saying its a good idea but I could imagine some people still trying it. There needs to be a change in mma when it comes to weightcutting but im not sure this is much better.

You know, there is supposed to be some boundary in which an org can take care of the fighters' safety.
If some Russian youngster decides that it's a good idea to try to rehydrate in 2 hours using IV, he will be on wobbled legs and probably the referee will not let him in

Back