1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Weidman's Record (15-5)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Deleted member 510653, Apr 22, 2021.

1. It just looks so bad.. I mean 15 wins, that's it, and he's been around forever now.

5 big losses with 3 title defenses, which is good for a mw, but that 5 losses overshadows the 15 wins, most of which are before he hit the tank.

It's such a weird record.. I don't know what to say. He's got the 2 biggest wins in the company but yeah, 5 losses and I don't even know who that dude was he beat last year. It's crazy man.

Vegeta likes this.
  2. Straatblaffer Brown Belt

I don't understand this post?

<Huh2>

3. DS66 Brown Belt

It's true that he has been remarkably inactive over his career. 12 year professional MMA career with 20 career fights. A bit of a weird record for sure, but it was largely a result of winning a UFC title in his 10th career MMA fight, which is super quick. Just about everyone's activity slows right down after they win the title. Of course he's had a bunch of injuries along the way too.

4. dalegordon Purple Belt

Lost to the elite. A loss to hall would by far be his worst.

5. JustOnce Always learning

Weidman is talentwise the best middleweight of all time. If he fought during Android's reign, he would have lasted longer at the top.

MW division was incredibly, uncomparatively weaker compared to when Weidman was competing.

6. Dingaling Banned Banned

7. 13Seconds Silver Belt

He did fight during Anderson's reign and beat him... And saying Weidman would be more succesful during a weaker era makes it sound like he wasn't good enough to dominate the era he peaked in, which is true. Just sounds weak for some reason.

pizzle likes this.
  8. daltonames Black Belt

It's amazing how one ridiculous attempt at a spinning kick doomed his career. The real blame is on Herb for letting him take an ungodly beating for like 3 minutes. He never recovered from that. I'm thinking Hall prob KO's him. He's too slow now, and can't take a shot.

9. chinarice Steel Belt

His 15 wins are as good as Khabib's 29 in terms of quality

Real talk

10. G10 Blue Belt

Agreed. Weidman's injury history is one of the worst in the UFC in terms of how often he's been sidelined over the years. The only other two I think have suffered more were Cain and Dom. I hope he retires after the Hall fight, win or lose.

achoo42 and Melas Chasma like this.
  11. Slatersan Black Belt

Yeah weidman wasn’t the same after Usada and the iv ban. He was made of steel before.

Vegeta and TriangleMonkey like this.
  12. Normot Brown Belt

Hardly. Literally since before his career began it was a story of constant surgeries.
    People can hate on the Chris all they want but anyone has had major joint surgeries before know how ridiculously tough and mentally strong Chris is. His body must fucking hurt. Not to mention all the violent KOs.

13. YungSithLxrd Blue Belt

If Uriah Hall KOs teh Chris this weekend, I think someone like dana or Chris family seriously need to step in and do something. He's entering dangerous territory I think

Kenny Powerth likes this.
  14. UWPguy Blue Belt

No doubt, he handed Rockhold an easy takedown and dominant position and got messed up for it. Was impressive he came out for the next round and while compromised, he tried to get back into the fight.

Chris actually had a good chin before that. After that fight it seems to be average at best.

If he loses to Hall he's gotta retire. If he wins he'll think he's back in contention and probably get starched again by whoever (Rob, Till, Vettori, Izzy) he fights next.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  15. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Weidman is sort of Caine sque in terms of not really living up to his promise due to injuries.

TrainAllDay, achoo42 and Melas Chasma like this.
  16. toe hold Brown Belt

LOL, off the top of my head, Cain Velasquez, Dominick Cruz and Chan Sung Jung say hello.

Cpt Migraine likes this.
  17. tech99 Orange Belt

If he didnt get the lucky KO over an unmotivated Andy nobody would even know who Weidman is.

TrainAllDay and JRables like this.
  18. toe hold Brown Belt

Weidman's list of opponents is up their with Dan Henderson. Very little filler at all.

19. Goat St Pierre Blue Belt

Lucky? He beat him twice. Weidman is just the way better fighter

20. GangGangGang Brown Belt

Hes had 9 fight fallouts in his UFC career. 5 of those were from injuries he sustained and he also had a positive covid test. Hes had injuries in his hand, knee, shoulder, neck and ribs. He was consistently fighting twice a year until all these injuries happened.

Shocktagon and Melas Chasma like this.