Weidman's cardio

DOMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Weidman's cardio is awful. I cannot seeing him contending with the top guys with that gas tank. He gets sloppy, plodding and very easy to hit. He was gasping for air in the first round.....bad weight cut, injury or improper training. I've seen guys in bar fights with better cardio.

Yeah, that was the most damning thing about his performance to me - How tired he got, and how fast.

We've seen the incredible pace that Izzy, Costa, Whittaker and other top MWs keep. Weidman would be a sitting duck against them.

He was super gassed the other night.his cardio ain't what it used to be

Yeah, that was the most damning thing about his performance to me - How tired he got, and how fast.

We've seen the incredible pace that Izzy, Costa, Whittaker and other top MWs keep. Weidman would be a sitting duck against them.

his cardio has been bad for quite some time...I remember his fight against mousassi. where he did good for first round or 2, but then noticeably started to gas and mousassi started to take over. the commentators said weidman was breathing very heavy in between 1st and 2nd round. the lost round 2 big. probably got his 2nd win, but being on his back and not doing much.

He doesn't have the cardio for a wrestling heavy gameplan... well I guess it's enough to eek out a 29-28 but that's it.

Weidman's cardio is awful. I cannot seeing him contending with the top guys with that gas tank. He gets sloppy, plodding and very easy to hit. He was gasping for air in the first round.....bad weight cut, injury or improper training. I've seen guys in bar fights with better cardio.

its injury and bad weight cut. he said his body didn't do well cutting the weight like it used to. if the slightest thing or a single cheat meal locks your weight in place something is off. i think he used to cut to much and it fucked him up and he cut to much to soon taking short notice fights that does its toll. i can't imagine any other excuse for bad cardio chris is a champ and should be able to go five rounds all day. bisping is really underappreciated.

He didn't have the best cardio even in his prime. Now that he's older he's basically a shot fighter.

Ahh yes, the incredible pace that Izzy has kept. 5 strikes against Romero?

No more special sauce, same as Anderson<seedat>

Chris having piss poor cardio is such a bad look because a grappler has to have great cardio.

No more special sauce, same as Anderson<seedat>

Anderson looked slower and weaker but he still had decent cardio.....Weidman looked like he was completely gassed 3 min. into round 1.

He gassed hard in the second, but came back and dominated the third.

It wasn't a great performance, but he got the job done.
Well he didn't came back imo. They both gassed and Omari was stupid enought to choose wreslte with AllAmerican while dominating him on striking. Wideman couldn't damage Omari while holding top mount for like 3-4 mins.

Weidman usually does well in the first round and starts to slow down afyer that. Hes lucky he managed to get mount in the 3rd bc weidman very easily could have been the one on bottom as gassed as he was

I am an Weidman hater, but for the first time I'll defend him. His performance was pretty good considering his opponent, stronger and younger. It was a very good win against a very good opponent.

He was fighting a big guy who was defending the takedown well for a good while. It's always harder on the guy shooting if he's not successful. And He had a lot of failed shots early trying to drag him down. Wasn't his best work sure, but he got the job done. And i'm not overly concerned about his cardio yet. If he starts gassing when his opponents aren't resisting like that then i'll be really concerned.

Ahh yes, the incredible pace that Izzy has kept. 5 strikes against Romero?

Did you see the Izzy vs Gastelum fight? They went harder over five rounds than Weidman did in one and a half.

Izzy threw 247 strikes in that fight. Weidman has never thrown that many in any fight in his career.

We have never seen Adesanya gas out. He says it just doesn't happen.

Back